Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
We are looking for top caliber candidates to fill the exciting role of Senior HR Business Partner, Kenya. This role will drive the translation of Living Goods Kenya Business Strategy into periodic People & Culture Operating Plans while providing advisory services the Country Leadership team as well as the Global people & Culture teams in implementing world class integrated Human resources solutions. This role will report functionally into the Chief People & Culture Officer and Operationally into the Country Director, KE
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Partner with the Kenya Country Director, Senior Leadership Team, Country Management Teams and Chief People and Culture Officer to design Kenya short and long-term business strategy. Enable the effective implementation of the Country Strategy through fit-for-purpose annual human resource operating plans.
- Provide proactive advice and coaching to the Country Senior Leadership Team and Line Managers in the delivery of the Country’s Operating Plans through effective teams.
- Lead the organization design and organization effectiveness imperatives through defined global processes and practices
- Lead organization change and coach Line Managers as well as their teams to navigate different change initiatives for organizational relevance, impact and sustainability.
- Assessing and implementing continuous improvements in People and Culture Policies and processes in line with global trends and market best practices.
- Partner with Talent Management Centre of Excellence to identify, acquire, assess, and hire candidates to fill open positions at country level.
- Lead the Country’s Employee life cycle strategy implementation; Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement Development, Retention, Offboarding.
- Advise and support Kenya Functional leadership to build a Great-Place-To-Work and a culture that is built on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion norms.
- Build a high-performance culture that is strongly linked to Living Good’s Purpose, Mission, and core Values.
- Respond to complex People and Culture employee relations matters escalated by the HR Shared Services team.
- Be a thought-leader for the country on designing the hybrid workplace of the future that is safe, secure and exciting.
- Stewarding staff compliance to Living Goods’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Administration
- Review, design and communicate people and culture policies as well as processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with employment law and alignment to global best practices.
- Provide oversight for Staff Master data management and leveraging the HR Information system to generate useful HR analytics for management reporting and decision making.
- Support the HR shared service process standardization and improvement by providing continuous feedback.
- Provide support in the preparation for HR audits and subsequent action plans while safeguarding employee data in line with Living Goods compliance & Data privacy standards
- Undertake specific HR related projects with the larger global HR team as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- First degree in Social Sciences plus a Post graduate qualification in HR management
- Membership with an accredited HR professional body
- A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 7-10 years’ Experience working in a multi-national environment, NGO or International development sector
- Keen analytical, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Proven strength in building and sustaining supportive relationships and persuasively communicating institutional goals and needs
- Strong human resource management experience: ability to supervise, mentor and engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
Skills & Competencies:
- HR Skill Areas: Has a good balance of depth and breadth across the following HR Competencies; HR Strategy design, Organization Design and Effectiveness, Talent Management, Total Rewards.
- Business Acumen: Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, clearly understands how own activities related to critical business drivers.
- Inspire Through Purpose: Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. For example, shares insight into the purpose of the work involves others appropriately and gives them credit for their contributions. Praises the successes of others.
- Decision Quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. For example, knows when to act independently and when to escalate issues. Integrates various inputs, decision criteria, and trade-offs to make effective decisions. Typically makes good independent decisions.
- Conflict Resolution: Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. For example, seeks out a variety of opinions and options; maintains an open mind; takes steps to ensure conflict remains constructive; avoids polarized or unilateral decisions; seeks agreement on critical issues.
- Performance Enablement: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, tracks performance and strives to remain effective, learning from both successes and failures. Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks and has reputation for delivering on commitments.
- Effective Communication: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend not responding and not sending money or personal information.