Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- The Sr Instructional Designer for Global Finance will create and articulate Learning & Development (L&D) content cascade through various Programme designs, paying attention to the audience and pitch. Research, design from scratch and deliver e-Learning and/or workshop-based content for global finance, Shared Service Center (SSC) and procurement staff, including Global Center (GC), Regional Office (RO), National Office (NO), Support Offices (SO’s) and may also include VisionFund International [VFI]).
- Will research and evaluate best practices for content creation. Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to define learning objectives, content needs assessments, analysis and design, create storyboards and develop course materials and participant/facilitator guides using appropriate software. Create evaluation tools that will be utilized to measure the quality of materials and needed improvements or enhancements to the curriculum. Work on special projects that address learning needs for global systems implementation (e.g., ProVision, Horizon)
35% - Independently research leadership management best practices and create appropriate content from scratch for global finance, supply chain and shared services staff. Design, create, pilot and revise content, activities and materials for an online and/or blended learning format with a focus on instructional design and delivery methods that are best suited for the learning environment and learner experience.
- Create a learning “cascade” that takes learners from orientation to first-time manager to mid-level manager to a leadership role. Identify relevant content for each stage in a learning journey and ensure content has the right pitch.
- Utilize Global Core Competency Framework as well as either Finance Competency or SCM Competency Profile to identify soft and/or technical skills we need to develop.
25% - Analyze competency and skill gaps in existing curriculum and sequence/scaffolding competencies and related skills to specifically support talent development.
- Work with SME’s to assist with the development and sequencing of content that supports what learners need to learn. Work with SME’s to define eLearning objectives for intended courses, including curriculum needs assessment and design for courses and/or learning programmes.
- Work with sector champions to ensure the content matches objectives.
- 20% - Learning objectives defined and agreed for each course offering to enhance the learner experience.
- 5% - Revise and rewrite the content as needed to ensure materials reflect current trends and the desired learning outcomes are achievable.
- 5% - Provide advice and guidance on best practices for attaining learning objectives on subjects/topics and advise on appropriate systems (captivate, articulate, Camtasia, etc.) and/or host sites (e-Campus, Learning Zone, WVCentral, WVUniversity, etc.)
- 2% - Assist in preparing faculty to deliver the curriculum through the preparation of facilitator resources and coaching trainers to most effectively deliver content.
- 2% - Establish management and administration processes and protocols, including student registration, course uploading, learning Programme evaluation and management reporting.
- 6% - Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required minimum professional experience, education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of Instructional Design (ID) experience with demonstrated knowledge of Instructional Design processes as well as technology and web skills.
- Need experience in Leadership Development, both theory and practical application
- Ability to carry out analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation (ADDIE) processes that are fundamental to ID.
- Experience working with Adobe Captivate, Rise, Articulate, Raptivity, Camtasia or other course authoring software required.
- Experience with Moodle (for courses uploaded into eCampus)
- High-level capability to manage learning development projects to meet customer needs on time, on-budget within a complex, cross-culture and multi-stakeholder environment.
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues.
- Ability to supervise and coach junior instructional designer staff or interns.
- High fluent level of professional and technical English, spoken and written. Proficiency in Spanish, French or other languages is an added advantage.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel nationally and/or internationally up to 15% of the time.