Remuneration Services Department:
Principal Officer - Productivity and Performance Job Type:
This position is responsible for the analysis and interpretation of performance and productivity data of public service organisations and making appropriate recommendations for incentive pay in line with the Commission’s mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement performance and productivity strategy and specific departmental assignments;
- Undertake periodic analysis of performance and productivity data from public sector organisations and submit reports in line with the Commission’s guidelines;
- Collect and collate data on various performance and productivity advisories to facilitate tracking and reporting on their impact;
- Analyze and maintain an up to date data base on performance and productivity;
- Analyze submissions on performance and productivity from stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations;
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation processes to determine level of compliance to Commission’s advisories;
- Make follow ups on benchmarking recommendations from relevant country/institutional comparators;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence in the department;
- Analyze the impact of performance and productivity rewards in the public service and make recommendations on their impact and sustainability;
- Participate in the preparation of the departmental work plan and compilation of budget estimates;
- Implement the functional risk management framework;
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission policies;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Supervisor;
- Draft letters communicating the Commission’s decisions to relevant stakeholders in the Public Service;
- Prepare reports arising from the proceedings of the technical Committee on performance and productivity;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence; and
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
Qualifications and Personal Specifications Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public Administration) or relevant field of study from a recognized university.
- Proven relevant experience of at least six (6) years in a reputable organization
- Relevant professional qualification; and
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
- Demonstrated competency and capability in handling remuneration matters.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration;
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach current clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board and
- Credit Reference Bureau (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 8th March, 2021.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.