The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
The jobholder is responsible for promoting, planning and coordinating the general staff welfare in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervise day to day operations in the unit
- Supervise, Coach and Mentor Staff
- Ensure up to date records are maintained on accidents, incidences , injuries, audit findings and recommendations;
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Prepare of reports
- Provide communication for general information and educate staff on use of the gym
- Promote designated programs and market the usage of facilities and recreational programs
- Maintain leave records
- Coordinate Staff Recognition events and sporting activities;
- Prepare welfare budgets;
- Provide psychosocial support/counselling to employees in challenging situations
- Preparation of report for PWD activities
- Preparation of reports for NACADA and NACC
- Financial Responsibility:
- Prepare budgetary drafts for the unit
- Responsibility for Physical Assets:
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Maintain records for all departmental physical assets.
- Decision Making:
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
A degree in Psychology & Counselling /Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Membership to Kenya counsellors and Psychology Association / Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Candidates with past experience with KRA will have an added advantage.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Sound Leadership and Management abilities.
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Result oriented and ability to work under pressure.