The Islamic Relief Kenya in its pursuit to support and strengthen its operations, seeks to employ motivated, hardworking and pro-active individuals to fill in the following position;
Reporting To: Country Director
Base Location: Nairobi 80% and 20% Field (Wajir, Mandera,Kilifi,Garissa & Moyale)
Responsibilities: Logistics Officers, Security officer & IT Assistant
The Support Services Coordinator (SSC) will work under the Country Director (CD) and alongside Head of Programmes and with the Senior Management Team (SMT) at a country level, to support and assist the CD in management of the country programme. The SSC will define country logistics function as per IR guideline and to contribute at strategic level of IR-Kenya’s mission regarding policies and procedures within the Kenyan context.
The Support Services Coordinator will have responsibility for logistics sections of the country programme including procurement and supply chain, vehicle, transportation, asset and equipment, ICT and safety security. The SSC will have a focus on systems development, documentation and implementation, including working with HR on an effective in-house training programme and with finance, logistics and HR on audit systems for IR-Kenya and donor policies.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall country programme;
- Agree with CD and Head of Programmes monthly and annual objectives, and provide CD with monthly report on progress based upon an agreed work plan;
- Ensure monthly reporting on agreed key indicators for each function;
- Act as part of the Senior Management Team of the country programme;
- Represent IR-Kenya and the country programme where relevant to external stakeholders;
- Ensure transparency and accountability across all IR-Kenya activities through full implementation of Logistic, Procurement regulation.
- Directly supervise the Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Officers/IT Officer (LC/LO) and provide technical support and supervision to the filed logistics focal
- Develop team action and improvement plan
- Agree monthly objectives with the LC/LO/IT Officer and review on a monthly basis their achievement;
- Prepare team capacity building plan and conduct on the job / off the job training
- Ensure regular performance feedback and timely performance appraisal
- Roll out all the IR guidelines regarding procurement and logistics
- Develop project wise procurement plan including country procurement plan and agree with management
- Manage procurement and supply chain as per procedures in transparent system
- Disseminate procurement update to all users / requester / project managers so that project activities are planed accordingly
- Ensure documentation of procurement files are ready for audit trail
- Establish warehouse and stock management system as per IR guidelines
- Ensure physical warehouse is compliant for stock management and repair maintenance are done properly
- Establish stock management procedures including goods receiving, stacking and distribution is managed according to compliance
- Physical stock verification and reporting is done in timely basis
- Stock reporting is prepared as per procedures and fit for donor requirement **
- Ensure vehicle management policy and procedures and in place and rolled out in all offices
- Ensure vehicle maintenance are done properly and all movement are safe
- Ensure vehicle management reports are prepared and control mechanisms are in place
- Make sure asset management procedures are planned and users & managers are aware of the process
- Ensure all assets are registered, maintained and monitored accordingly
- All disposals are done as per IR and donor procedures and recorded accordingly
- Prepare safety and security assessment and security management plan
- Roll out all the safety and security management SOP
- Train all staffs on basic safety security issues
- Ensure all the incidents are reported as per procedures
- Assess ICT requirement and plan accordingly
- Ensuring data security and management efficiency in ICT management
- Monitor all ICT uses are safe for the organization and equipment are used properly
- ICT reporting as per IR procedure
- Maintain networking to coordinate logistics and supply chain among the stakeholder
- Use logistics resources in humanitarian sector to ensure sectoral efficiency in logistics management
- 5 years of progressive experience in logistics, supply chain and admin management.
- Minimum education to a degree level, or significant relevant experience that shows an ability to critically analyse and apply information in management and work situations at a similar level
- Strong demonstrable previous experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation - this will include use of planning tools such as logical framework analysis (LFA);
- An interest in capacity building/mentoring of teams (both national and expatriate)
- Flexibility to spend significant time in the field.
- Good skills in systems development and documentation e.g. experience of ISO systems or similar
- Strong experience liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGO’s.
- Excellent staff management and personnel skills
- Budgetary control and financial management skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
Updated/revised IR-Kenya Country Logistics Plan, Procurement Plan, Security Plan, Asset, Vehicle, ICT management SOP; Effective Operations Plans for specific programmes/projects; Establish Procurement tracking system, Revised IR- Kenya Offices and Guest House Management SOP and use guidelines. Revised Logistics Staffs JDs, with key performance indicators (KPI).
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to [email protected] by Friday 16th April 2021.
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis