Trainer for capacity building Peer Monitors in data collection and knowledge sharing
Terms of Reference
THE PURPOSE OF THE TRAINER
The purpose for the trainer is to support HIAS Kenya to develop materials and train peer monitors on data collection and knowledge management on Sexual Reproductive Health Rights amongst the adolescents/youth. As part of strengthening the capacity of youth led organizations with skills to promote and advocate for SRHR services, HIAS Kenya has identified key capacity gaps that will form the basis for training the peer monitors.
The objective of this consultancy is for a trainer to facilitate a one-day training on key areas including.
- SRHR Data collection process
- Basics on SRHR data analysis
- Interpretation of SRHR data
- Basic reporting processes and documentation of SRHR analysed data
- Methods of sharing knowledge / information from collected and analysed data on SRHR management issues
Scope of work
In close co-ordination with HIAS, the trainer will serve as the facilitator and the point of contact to deliver the following outputs:
- Develop work plan covering 3 days (including materials & preparation data collection tools, training and report writing)
- Facilitate a 1-day training session (face to face) for the peer mentors and in adherence to MoH COVID – 19 protocols
- Work with the project manager to develop training materials.
- The trainer will be engaged for three days and report to the project manager.
Expected outputs and deliverables:
- Development 3 SRHR data collection tools one each for:
- Refugees’ community
- Faith leaders, and
- County officials.
- Write training report. This will include a pre and post training assessment
- Develop data collection tools
HIAS will be responsible for the following:
- Overall coordination and provide all the prerequisites to the trainer before and during the training period.
- Technical and operational support required throughout the training process.
- Technical review of all training content, tools and reports.
- HIAS will also oversee the coordination and logistics of the trainings.
Application process and requirements
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter expressing interest to undertake the assignment.
- A detailed technical proposal, with budget, clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this ToR and including but not limited to the following.
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar assignments and qualifications outlines in this ToR. Please attached previous training report.
- Trainer/company profile.
- Graduate degree in any Project Management related field, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Education, Leadership and Management and Curriculum Development.
- Knowledge and experience in data collection and monitoring.
- Prior experience in developing participatory training and completing workshops/trainings and able to give examples of training materials developed.
- Proven track record as a Trainer/Facilitato