Apollo Agriculture is looking for a dynamic and analytical Business Operations Lead to generate insights and execute strategic projects across our core customer-facing functions. You will closely partner with Apollo’s Chief Customer Officer and his team (marketing, sales, operations, logistics, etc.) to analyze the performance of key functions, identify challenges and opportunities, and design solutions that rapidly take advantage of these insights. As an example, you might partner with Apollo’s Field Sales team to understand the performance of sales agents, identify key performance drivers, and determine needed investments and resourcing needs, or you might build a model to optimize output in Apollo’s call center, and develop a plan for resource provisioning on the basis of Apollo’s targets. In addition, you’ll be responsible for ensuring alignment between customer-facing functions, by defining seasonal targets and KPIs and ensuring that all functions are optimally aligned around these goals.
Your mandate is to identify and analyze problems, understand opportunities, and support rapid execution of solutions across functions. Success in this role will require a curious and commercial mindset, deep comfort with quantitative analysis and problem solving, and excellent relationship and communication skills. The right candidate will also spend meaningful time with Apollo’s customers in the field to understand their challenges and needs first-hand.
- Experience in management consulting, or equivalent experience in a corporate role for a technology company (e.g., Business Operations, Growth, Strategy or related).
- Experience working with a Product and/or Engineering department in a high-growth startup environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated record of problem-solving and world-class analytical skills.
- Excitement to understand Apollo from the ground up, starting with our customers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing SQL and/or excellent Excel skills and excitement to learn SQL.
- MBA useful but not required.
- An excellent communicator, writer, and networker, capable of influencing outcomes without directly owning them.
- A proactive problem solver and quantitative thinker: you like to “pull threads” and dive deep into data to understand the key drivers of business performance.
- A system-level thinker with a commercial mindset who quickly understands cause and effect in complex systems.
- A considerate listener who takes the time to deeply understand customers, teammates, and partners.
- A deeply curious person.
go to method of application »
About the role:
Apollo Agriculture is seeking experienced and talented individuals to take up the Area Distribution & Logistics Support Assistant position in the Logistics & Distribution Department. The Area Distribution & Logistics Support Assistant will be based at the Apollo Warehouse in Trans Nzoia. The Assistant will report directly to the Logistics and Distribution Associate. This is a contract position running up until June 2021.
What you will do:
- Distribution partners recruitment, onboarding and continuous training.
- On-ground logistics support for Apollo field activities.
- Distribution channel relationship management to include stocking & technical support for Apollo partners.
- On-ground escalations resolution for Apollo Teams.
- Apollo & other partners connector.
- On the ground insights on channel development and overall processes improvements.
- Improving brand visibility via the channel.
- Other channels explorations and testing.
- Being a resident of Trans Nzoia is an added advantage
- Have 1-2 years’ experience in distribution/channel management.
- Have experience in a fast paced start-up environment (added advantage).
- Possess a related University Degree qualification from an accredited institution.
- Have heart and grit!
- Can establish priorities and multi-task.
- Are analytical, computer literate, proactive and team player.
- Are a self starter and someone who takes initiative.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Email.
- Have strong work ethic – will be responsible for Specific areas.
- Have integrity – you will bear personal responsibility for your area of operation.
- Possess working knowledge of an inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Have the ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- Have an analytical mind with strong math skills.
- Possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Have at least 3 able and willing guarantors.
- Possess a certificate of good conduct certified by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers.
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise.
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve.
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree.
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth.
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment.
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect.