REF: SM/1/2021-SCRUM MASTER
At iCube, we are building solutions that will position I&M Bank as a market leader in banking. While lots of companies talk about “digital revolutions” or “delightful experiences,” we’re focusing on building the stuff that matters, delivering value in a fast, iterative manner that allows us to optimize and meet customer needs.
Scrum has the power to transform project management across every industry, every business, and even across life in general. It’s a solid and successful Agile framework that’s been applied to a variety of projects and teams.
Scrum values commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect among its members, and therefore a Scrum Master is responsible for implementing these principles into every aspect and action of the team. The Scrum Master is an Agile champion and ambassador who works with teams across the organization to understand the value of delivering work more efficiently using Agile framework(s).
- Sprint planning, scheduling, forecasting and reporting (including burn down and risk escalation)
- Coach the team on Agile values and principles and understanding their role within the team but work collaboratively with shared goals at the heart of all work
- Support the team so that a safe to fail environment is created and collectively be responsible for outcomes
- Identify blockers and work with the Digital Manager to remove them and optimize team performance
- Ensure continuous improvement and reflective learning is built into the DNA of the team through your leadership and via ceremonies like retrospectives
- Collect, analyze and present data to communicate activity and progress externally, and encourage the maturity and abilities of the team internally
- Coach the team on the purpose and importance of Agile ceremonies AND outcomes to be completed by the team
- Challenge the team to always strive for improvement
- Coach the team to build a shared understanding of success factors and Definition of Done
- Ability to be pragmatic in your approach and challenge in an appropriate way to drive outcomes
- Identify and coach others to be future scrum masters across the organization
- Experience in leading projects in a SCRUM environment
- Understanding of agile behavior’s, principles, tools and techniques: e.g. collaboration, team information management, continuous integration and deployment, agile delivery frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience as a Scrum Master
- Continual investment in developing your own skills through community events and supporting other Scrum Masters
- Tertiary qualifications in IT and or Business
- Certified in relevant Agile courses
- Excellent skills in leading a team including coaching and providing feedback
- High level of flexibility with the ability to influence and adapt to change
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Strong facilitation skills to support agile ceremonies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Business value mindset
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement and innovation mindset that results in creativity, acting with agility and thinking outside current boundaries
- Strong ability to partner across multiple disciplines and navigate a matrix organization
- Knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks
- Knowledge of upcoming Scrum enhancements within the Agile environment
- Knowledge of services in client’s industry
go to method of application »
REF: SSD/1/2021-SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Engineers at iCube build products and services that impact the day to day lives of our customers and internal teams. Your contributions will ensure that tangible value is continuously delivered to the end users. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the product & design team to ensure timely delivery of great products. He/she will also need to be willing to learn and be passionate about making contributions towards the team’s success.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the reliability, availability, performance and efficiency of I&M Bank’s services.
- Work with peers to plan & prioritize the development and test strategy to ensure high quality and timely delivery of the fixes and tools.
- Partner with various teams across the bank to transform requirements into tools, products, and services.
- Share knowledge across the team and the bank.
- Periodically spend time with the rest of the team outside of work with the intention to strengthen the bonds between the team members
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Have a strong core understanding of software engineering best practices
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as a senior software developer
- Possess fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Have an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Yearn to learn new technology stacks and accept that learning is forever
- Pay close attention to the little details that help make our products that much better
- Enjoy working in a fun and highly collaborative environment
- Docker for containerization
- Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Git for source code control
- RESTful API services.
- SOAP web services for communicating with some external systems
- Experience with relational databases.
- Frontend frameworks i.e. React-JS
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Ability to use version control software such as Git
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Working knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Knowledge of frontend development frameworks e.g. React, Angular, VueJS
- Understanding of concepts in data structures and algorithms with demonstrated ability to make use of them
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website http://www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position or forward your application to [email protected] Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 26th January 2021.
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
*all applications are subject to I&M Bank privacy notice available here.