Work Level: Non- Management ( Union)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Site Laboratory Analyst role runs the site testing facility and ensures that all applicable test methods are in place, that measurement standards are accurate and reproducible, and that all laboratory and satellite testing equipment is appropriate, calibrated and operated to the required standard. Performs more complex analyses, manages all LIMS data and trains manufacturing staff as needed. Liaises where necessary with central Unilever expertise and third-party contract laboratories.
Reports through Site Quality Specialist to Site Quality Manager / Leader.
People, Culture & Linkage
- Executes and verifies effectiveness of training plans for new laboratory methods or ensures maintenance of existing skills related to laboratory methods and equipment calibration
- Liaises with PG, R&D and Measurement Communities of Practice regarding methods and equipment
Quality Systems Management
- Prepares local procedures and work instructions that ensure Unilever and other applicable standards for proper calibration, application and control of laboratory methods
- Supports reporting of operational KPIs by analyzing complex data and assigning into standard Quality loss trees
- Complies with requirements regarding use of SAP QM and Unilever specifications including use of InterSpec system
- Provides expert advice on most appropriate method to investigate, including advanced technologies available, and interpretation of results
- Provides expertise regarding use of and maintains relationship with external laboratories as appropriate to investigate non-conforming materials and products
Testing & Measurement
- Supports site program for quality assurance of raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods and documents results / information as required in designated system such as SAP QM
- Utilizes advanced technical knowledge (e.g. chemistry, microbiology, sensory, statistics, mathematics, etc.) to support site quality testing program and sensory panels for raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods aligned with Unilever requirements and specifications
- Applies correct methods and equipment and implements proper calibration and control of testing to verify and reproduce results against specifications.
- Takes action based upon specification limits to hold or release in-bound materials, work-in-process and finished product (unless local regulations dictate the Q Specialist or Manager to make the final decision).
- Sets all good laboratory practices, good laboratory housekeeping and waste disposal, Unilever requirements and testing methods, and applicable government / authority regulations, such as conducting ring tests and proper maintenance and condition of all Quality assets (e.g. product and material retains, incubator, etc.)
- Ensures all laboratory ware, chemicals and reagents are of the appropriate standard and within shelf-life.
- Ensures all laboratory equipment is safe to operate and safe work practices are followed.
- Executes procedures and documents results of independent checks and verifications that are required as part of site-wide program of calibration and maintenance of inspection, measuring and testing equipment including Gage R&R study, to minimise measurement drift and produce repeatable results
- Takes action to hold testing until any failed equipment calibration or method capability checks are returned to operational requirements
- Maintains systems where key quality data and information are recorded and archived
WCM/TPM & Continuous Improvement
- Provides method and data analysis support for projects to reduce and/or eliminate quality losses as needed
- Trends analytical data to help identify supplier improvement opportunities and manufacturing process capability
Innovation & Change
Provides method support for executing innovation trials, early management in site projects, VIP trials, and Launch Monitoring Plans for innovations and equipment changes.
- Diploma in Chemical/Analytical Chemistry
- University degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or Microbiology
- 5 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing
go to method of application »
As the ninth global cluster, we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs, we introduce Unilever’s brands into white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
Singapore is our global hub leading strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain.
Game changing business
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserved, we embrace a founder’s mentality, explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses. We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together and living by five tenets:
We will be the fastest route-to-market globally;
We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has ever explored;
Impossible is an opinion, not a fact;
Speed is our currency;
When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
About Business Development in UI…
We build market positions in white spaces by identify new opportunities, developing, defining, negotiating and nurturing strong business relationships. We own the business’ P&L end-to-end, partner with customers, distributors and internal cross-functional teams to manage and grow existing businesses, to deliver growth through flawless execution of projects.
This role is important because …
You’ll drive end-to-end management of seeding initiatives and manage existing business within East Africa (Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania);
You’ll coordinate across multi-functional teams to bring projects to life and drive business growth.
Your key responsibilities include…
- Leading, mapping and developing business and seeding opportunities in East Africa through data and insight activation
- Screening potential businesses through market analysis, deal requirements, potential and financial analysis
- Establishing and Executing Business Plans
- Developing and managing business plans internally and externally, to craft end-to-end launch plans to drive route-to-market for new product development (NPD)
- Establishing supply chain networks and alignment with Category team on launches
- Tracking and Monitoring Performance
- Creating business cases (P&L) and activation spend for sales and marketing budgets (TTS & BMI)
- Tracking and managing of key business metrics and KPIs across marketing and trade activities
- Reporting in-market activities and competitor data
- Stakeholder Management
- Leading and align cross functional teams to effectively manage projects
- Collaborating with local OpCo for synergies
You’ll work closely with…
- UI Business Development, Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain teams
- External distributors
KEY EXPERIENCE & SKILLS…
- Be a strategic, highly adaptable and entrepreneurial person
- Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers and customers
- Have strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
- Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
- 3 - 7 years’ experience in FMCG industry in Customer Development
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline