Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance a...
Read more about this company
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, DRC and Southern Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11.5 Million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region. The Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below:-
The role holders will be responsible for providing legal advice in the area of regulatory compliance, litigation, contracts management and other legal advisory services.
- Assist the Legal Manager in ensuring statutory and contractual compliance by the Bank.
- Drafting and vetting of legal contracts and service level agreements.
- Managing the legal risk of the Bank.
- Liaising with the Bank’s Legal service providers and ensuring external legal activities are coordinated effectively.
- Prepare legal queries and facilitate solicitation of legal opinions from external counsel to identify legal and regulatory risks and issues.
- Provide legal advice in connection with the functions of the Bank generally and liaise with external legal counsel on legal matters.
- Provide periodical reports on activities and tasks undertaken.
- Assist in managing the legal transactions, cases and issues of the Bank.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
- Possess current year’s practicing certificate;
- 3 years post admission work experience in a commercial bank or a busy law firm acting for banks and financial institutions;
- Wide knowledge of the Regulatory environment in Kenya.
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Closing: 15 June 2022
go to method of application »
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers - the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
The Relationship Officer Credit – Pamoja Banking sector will support the business to achieve its objectives at the branch level. He/she is responsible for all group lending activities at the branch level.
The Relationship Officer Credit – Pamoja Banking sector will report to Branch Business Growth & Development Manager. He /She will manage and coordinate all the group’s activities / operations under him/her to ensure Sector goals (Growth and Quality) and objectives are achieved.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Drive growth of high quality portfolio in specific branch/business unit.
- Sales & marketing of the Sector products
- Recruitment, intake and training of groups
- Setting of groups structures, records and training of group officials.
- Impactiful presence during weekly or monthly group meetings,
- Appraisal of loans recommended and guranteed by the groups members
- Participate in approval of group loans
- Initiate group loans in IGLS
- Posting of savings,loans, registration and passbook payments in IGLS
- Participate in data clean up of exited, dormant/idle customers from IGLS
- Participate in formulation of the Sector strategy and ensures its full implementation.
- Ensure implementation of Group Lending policies and procedures
- Participate in development of Sector Products and reviews based on market needs,
- Actualise Sector Partnerships objectives and align to the Sector objectives,
- Liaison with various Sector internal and external Stakeholders in the branch environment,
- Coaching, Mentoring and hand holding the New Relationship officers,,
- Doing any other duties as may be assigned by the Business Growth & Development Manager or Other line managers.
- Excellent understanding of micro customers. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Guides and transfers knowledge to his/ her team members.
Key Critical Competencies
- Mature personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated conflicts resolution skills
- Strong training /coaching skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Self-Driven, an eye for detail and capacity to meet strict deadlines while working under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Culture sensitive
- Individual Leadership skills, Excellent Planning and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility and an ability to change focus areas when needed
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in business related course.
- Overall C+ in KCSE and C+ in mathematics
- Experience in micro finance industry is an added advantage.
- Experienced in project management; Monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy with high command in Microsoft suite.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Knowledge of and fluent spoken Kiswahili , English and at least 1 Kenyans native language
Closing: 18 June 2022
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Branch Relationship Manager, Relationship Officer F&A shall be based at the Branch. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the growth of a High-Quality Asset Portfolio within F&A. He is responsible of customer acquisition, facilitation of loan application and appraisal, presentation of the loan requests to the Branch Credit Committee and forwarding the loan request to Head office Credit Risk for approval.
The Relationship officers will have a dotted reporting line to the General manager F&A Head Of F&A Retail Banking, Head of F&A SME and corporate Banking, and Regional Managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilizing deposits and growth of the loan book to grow the Bank’s portfolio.
- Manage the portfolio quality of the various customers under their portfolio.
- Growing customer numbers/base
- Ensure the Sector’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Identifying customer potential and credit worthiness and preparing credit proposals in compliance with the Bank’s credit and lending policy
- Growth of the loan book by marketing to new and existing customers.
- Relationship management of both customers and institutions.
- Customer and Institutional appraisal.
- Quality Customer Service.
- Advising farmers and the bank on technical aspects.
- Supporting the various branch operations.
- Bachelors degree ( or equivalent) in Agricultural related studies from a well-recognized University/institution
- Minimum KSCE mean grade C+
- Previous experience in a similar working environment will be an added advantage
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to working with Agriculture based segment of the population.
Closing: 18 June 2022
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.