Reporting to the MPESA Capability Development Academy Squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for development, coordination, and delivery of M-PESA training programs; documentation and dissemination of M-PESA Products and Services to relevant audience on a continuous basis (within the organization and for our customers)
M-PESA Knowledge needs assessment
- Identify gaps and challenges in M-PESA products knowledge and roll out training that addresses those challenges.
- Identify and assess training needs of staff by conferring with managers and supervisors or conducting surveys and plan to plug the training needs gaps.
M-PESA Knowledge content development
- Develop content for every M-PESA product or service to be documented in various forms such as videos, audio, and written formats.
- Evaluate all current information about M-PESA products and services from various touch points including corporate website, Yammer, YouTube Channel. These includes product guides, FAQs, Tariffs tables, marketing fliers etc.
- Contribute to all stages of multimedia (video and graphics) creative development, from research and storyboarding to animation /production and final delivery.
- Collaborate with the squad and cluster teams to meet creative and production goals
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms to improve our product experiences.
- Maintain the highest creative, conceptual and production standards, while constantly ensuring brand integrity and consistency.
- Concepting, storyboarding, animating, and editing video, audio and graphic design projects.
- Using video and visual design to craft captivating stories to ensure engagement, clarity of message and brand consistency across every communications channel.
- Seek opportunities to reduce production costs while maintaining quality standards.
Documentation and Presentation
- Document M-PESA products and services knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, to adapt to changes that occur.
- Share M-PESA product and services information on request and proactively with all relevant touchpoints.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product and that they are circulated to the relevant audience in a timely manner.
Training programs development, and execution
- Spearhead creation M-PESA products and services training programs across the entire organization.
- Manage training and development activities to meet current and future business needs.
- Maintain a high-quality training schedule and profile for all eligible staff, agents, and partners.
- Facilitate the execution of all training plans at the organization and regional levels to all direct staff, contracted staff, M-PESA Agents and partners.
- Work globally, understanding and accommodating needs by all sales regions.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and geographically diverse organization.
- Organized, Creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically in terms of culture, organizational behavior, business processes, and knowledge management tools.
- Strong understanding of technology behind M-PESA and financial services solutions.
- Good appreciation of Business Unit needs both at the operational and strategic level.
- Be comfortable with taking initiative, interacting with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be able to read through and understand previous versions of documentation and perform research to ensure clarity and accuracy of current documentation.
- Can present technical information in a non-technical way.
- Ability to speak English and Kiswahili clearly for live presentation and video scripting.
- Ability to travel frequently away from Nairobi with short notice.
- Ability to maintain very high standards of integrity as per company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business management, business administration, communication, journalism, writing, or another related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in training/learning content development OR achieved 60 hours of training in Safaricom product and services. Experience in M-PESA training will be an added advantage.
- Proven desktop publishing skills and use of relevant publishing software.
- Sound working with M-PESA products and services.
- Have at least 6 months experience of video, motion graphics and static graphic design experience.
- Demonstrate well executed designs in motion for e-learning platforms product explainer. (Provide a link to an online strong portfolio with relevant examples of previous work along with an intense sense of typography, design, animation, and style frames).
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro) and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approach.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies and ceremonies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, constantly evolving environment while remaining organized and meticulous.
- Possess a high degree of creativity as well as proven technical production skills.
- Are familiar with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs, and frame rates.
Last Date to Apply: Feb 17, 2023
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Business Assurance, the role holder will provide comprehensive end to end assurance to the business on billing of products and services, revenue and related direct costs. This will be achieved through proactive end to end revenue assurance, ensuring that all new products and services are adequately tested, all revenue generating systems are appropriately configured and revenues and related costs are accurately computed, rated , billed and reported.
- Proactively identify and report on all areas that are susceptible to Revenue Leakage under the assigned revenue streams
- Recommend policies and procedures to help identify revenue leakage areas and reduce incidences of revenue loss within the organization.
- Implement and monitor Billing Assurance controls for Voice, Data & SMS as per Revenue Assurance Charter.
- Perform end to end revenue reconciliation between network and billing platform and ensure timely resolution of any discrepancies noted.
- Ensure that all Roaming and Interconnect revenues and related costs are accurately reported.
- Proactively monitor Revenue Margins for productivity
- Implement platform integrity validation checks to ensure that all customers are accurately provisioned across the different systems.
- Assurance of Revenue reporting and related Key perform indicators for accuracy of numbers in the Financial statements.
- Ensure the Revenue Assurance KPI presentation is ready for review with Director Risk Management every month.
- Follow up for resolution of all revenue leakage gaps identified a within the agreed timelines
- Resolution of all internal and external audit issues within the agreed timelines
- A graduate with a degree in Economics, Commerce, Engineering or IT or related field.
- Professional certification in Auditing, accounting, risk management and information systems will be added advantage
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience in Revenue Assurance in the Telecom Industry.
- Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information and distill it to the key points that help senior management analyze risk in a given situation.
- Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
- Experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
- Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information and be able to monitor and explain trends and variances
- Strong IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Capability to develop, accumulate, summarize and interpret risk reports to business units, support units and assurance units.
Last Date to Apply: Feb 22, 2023