Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individuals for one of our clients in the hospitality industry (5 star hotel).
Managing all Technical operations and delivering an excellent guest experience. Able to read, interpret blueprints for repair works and familiar with electrical, plumbing and mechanical and health codes.
Technical Service Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling and performing preventive maintenance
- Provide support for other operating departments and guest activities
- Inspect entire engineering functions and prioritize tasks
- Ensure all lighting fixtures are in proper condition in all public areas, guestrooms, function rooms and all other areas in the hotel
- Work hand in hand with other technicians in resolving guest complaints and all other engineering related tasks
- Submit to the engineer the material and spare requirements for his section
- Document parts replaced and repaired
- Ensure all maintenance requests related to the electrical section are handled daily with all requests from guests being given first priority.
- Implement preventive and breakdown maintenance of all electrical appliances and submit a weekly report of the same to the chief engineer
- Carries out electrical installations within the building
- Ensure that all hazardous installations or equipment are isolates and a warning sign indicating “Equipment out Of Order-Do Not Operate” Fixed.
- Responsible for testing the electrical stand-by generator on weekly basis
- Ensure that all electrical distribution panels rooms and workshop are maintained in a clean condition
- Supervises and assists in taking a daily record of all the electrical meter readings and submits to the Plant room
- Technician for preparation of the Daily Utility Reports
- Carries out weekly inspection on all electrical appliances and distribution system within the building and submits a report of the same to the General Manager
- Maintain department budget for all maintenance related items
- Recommend improvement for annual audit including energy efficiency, alternative power and conservation action
- Advises the storekeeper on what items to order for the Electrical section
- Participate in any training/development schemes as required by management
- Be completely conversant with Hotel Health and Safety Policy and procedures
- Develops plans, procedures, and activities to support business recovery when problems occur including backup and restoration procedures, vendor agreements, spare parts, data retention, and restoration planning.
- Ensures acceptable levels of performance in networked systems. This task involves a high degree of technical knowledge and effective management procedures within the Technical Services Team.
Desired Competencies for the Technical Service Manager Job
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and manage a diverse team
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and any other related field
- City and Guild certificate in engineering
go to method of application »
To cost effectively run the kitchen to maximize profits without compromising the quality.
Interacting with the rest of the department as a member of the team as well as other teams of the entire Hotel and to promote the desired work culture around the five core values of Hospitality, Compassion, Diligence and Discipline.
Executive Chef Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the kitchen.
- Involved in procurement of food and kitchen equipment.
- Setting SOPs.
- Be completely conversant with Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedure.
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel operational standards.
- Participate in the general kitchen operations.
- Ensure food orders are processed and dispensed effectively.
- Conducting training programmes.Involved in recruitment.
- Performs other duties and projects as may be assigned
- To participate in any training/development schemes as required by management.
- Be completely conversant with and participate in marketing Hotel facilities.
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to Hotel Fire and Evacuation procedures.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of skills at all times.
- To necessitate and promote inter-departmental relationships.
- To report any equipment failures and pass any maintenance information to the supervisors.
- To be completely conversant with short and long term marketing promotions.
- To comply with the company grooming and dress code standards.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include;
- being attentive to guests
- accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- ensure the guest complains are solved promptly and appropriately
- maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
Method of Application
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 21st November 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Technical Service Manager” or “Executive Chef” on the subject line