Dotsavvy is Kenya’s first digital business agency that provides integrated digital business solutions to some of Africa’s biggest businesses and most loved brands. We are driven by the challenge of reconciling our clients user needs and business goals to achieve transformational digital business outcomes. We are more than a digital marketing agency, we are an agent for change for progressive businesses and brands that want to disrupt the status quo by using digital at the heart of their business strategies.
Dotsavvy started in early 2002 as one of Kenya’s and East Africa’s first website design agencies. From humble beginnings, Dotsavvy’s origins are typical of a startup from any part of the world – a sales guy, a techie, a big idea, zero funding and lots of passion to ‘change the world’ by building the best websites at a time when the Internet was truly nascent in Kenya. Audacious? Absolutely! Since then, much has changed but our commitment to building the most radical digital offerings has never wavered.
- Manage a broad portfolio of digital projects by establishing direction, aligning people and resources, and inspiring them to get the job done.
- Work face-to- face with clients throughout the delivery cycle, understand their problems, deliver quality digital solutions, and ensure that customer satisfaction remains high.
- Continuously work on defining and refining the agile project management model (i.e.SCRUM) employed by Dotsavvy as our service offerings expand and our methodology continues to evolve and mature.
- Define and refine project management methodologies followed within Dotsavvy; improving the processes and driving innovation and modernization of our service delivery.
- Detailed tracking and communication of project progress from a task, time, schedule, and cost perspective.
- Maintain accurate and up-to- date project plans enabling intelligent decision making by all stakeholders.
- Identify change orders, generating necessary documentation, and negotiating such change orders with the client.
- Identify risks and escalate them to relevant team members for intervention and resolution
- Un-block project issues by engaging appropriate management and resources where necessary.
- Support the professional development of your project team members – be aware of their career aspirations and provide written performance evaluations as part of our project closeout process.
- Motivate the people in your team, through strong leadership, and maintain a good pulse of your project and risk mitigations.
- Work with the account management, business development and production teams to identify, scope, and estimate additional business opportunities with your current clients.
- Work closely with our business development, account management and production teams to help close new business.
- Assist in responding to incoming RFPs, participate in strategic scoping initiatives and new business presentations/pitches, review and approve outgoing proposals.
- Ensuring that scope, budget, resources, schedule, and engagement terms are correctly modelled and that effort is always accurately estimated.
- Perform internal project audits to ensure that the project management process is being followed and organisational risk is minimised.
- Must be able to quickly and objectively identify key risks & mitigations on a given project already in progress.
- Provide day-to- day mentoring and oversight for team members and help them grow professionally.
- Participate in the training & ramp-up for new team members as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing sciences, engineering, business, or information technology related field of study
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of professional services consulting experience, working with external clients
- Experience having successfully rescued a major “failed” project through superior project management performance
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of applications development, digital marketing, or consulting experience, including at least 1-2 years as a team lead with a proven track record of delivering complex solutions on time
- Experience in implementing enterprise-grade digital business solutions
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of project management experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies, with a proven track record for project planning, executing, controlling and closing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organised with solid problem solving skills.
- Diplomatic ability to influence others without having authority to do so
- Superior project management software experience
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to mediate disagreements competently and negotiate a win-win resolution for all parties
- Excellent ability communicating internal and external executive stakeholders
- Ideally but not mandatory experience working within a digital agency or professional services firm environment
- Ideally but not mandatory experience in managing digital projects and processes
- Ideally but not mandatory PMP and/or ScrumMaster or Agile Certification designation or working towards the same.
go to method of application »
This position requires a candidate who can perform multiple tasks at one time with a keen eye to detail. You must be proactive and have the ability to both take direction from supervisors as well as give direction to others internally and at the client’s site. Dotsavvy is an exciting and growing company looking for individuals who have that go getter attitude.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
- Manage, coordinate, and lead Dotsavvy’s resources and team in order to meet clients’ needs
- Supervise and lead the interactive production and design teams on client tasks that are typically communicated on a day to day basis
- Serve as the liaison between Dotsavvy and client to ensure that client goals, budget, and target audiences are reached
- Manage accounts including financial responsibilities (budget, expense reporting, and profits and losses)
- Assist in the development of strategies and implementation of Dotsavvy’s digital marketing services
- Attend and participate on all status meetings, client meetings and client calls
- Participate in digital marketing planning and execution of tactical aspects of Dotsavvy services
- Oversee client projects and activities, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met
- Execute billing practices, including detailed record keeping and follow-up
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- University Degree/Diploma in Marketing/Business or equivalent (Preferred)
- Digital/Ad Agency or Technology Consulting Services experience (Preferred)
- Great presentation skills
- Understanding of digital marketing platforms, and social media (including marketing opportunities available on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) as well as other digital and traditional marketing channels
- Experience writing creative briefs, PowerPoint presentations, media plans, etc
- An awesome attitude to work and clients!
go to method of application »
- Work with Account Management teams to conceptualize and execute client digital marketing deliverables such as websites, social media creatives, digital campaigns, email newsletters, etc
- Manages the creative/production departments (web designers, QA, and copywriting team).
- Directs the creative product at Dotsavvy and strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule.
- Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements.
- Confirms client review and delivery schedules with project management and assigns jobs to creative team.
- Directs wireframe, moodboards and comp work to assure work is on-target and on-schedule delivery for client review.
- Performs competitive analyses
- Participates on sales calls to “sell” creative and present creative process and methodology.
- Maintains current working knowledge of computer –related skills, software and programs to ensure entire creative department remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
- Interviews and screens applicants for creative positions as well as hiring and training.
- Manage creative team; includes hiring, time and attendance management, performance reviews, etc.
- Work with other departments to create and implement changes to strategy and products/services offered, create company documentation/SOP’s as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design (or equivalent)
- Six years minimum experience as a digital designer (or equivalent)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of information architecture and its application in UI Design a plus
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
- Comprehensive understanding of project ownership from assignment through delivery
- Advanced branding, visual design, and typography skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize with brand goals, integrate style into design, and deliver projects on time
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience managing a team of 6 or more.
Method of Application
Apply for this position: If you think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV on email@example.com with the subject line ‘Agile Digital Project Manager’ by 5.00 pm East African Time (EAT) on Friday the 30th November 2016