Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Customer Acquisition
- Have full ownership of the business development vertical in Kisumu
- Close deals, manage a budget, lead business marketing activities, scale strategy locally, and build/ lead a team.
- Own and lead overarching customer acquisition strategy
- Manage deal pipeline and source new potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Help develop and improve products and services by researching industry competitors, publications, and announcements
- Support marketing activities for the company including golf tournaments, mall promotions, networking drinks, door to door sales, business fairs, etc.
- Spearhead B2C marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Manage Partnership Proposals and maintain the timelines for the proposal drafting process
- Communicate new product developments to clients and prospective clients
- Strategise and lead all business client acquisition activities.
- Take full ownership and responsibility of finding, negotiating, and closing business deals In Kisumu
- Develop strategy for acquiring traditional business clients in Kisumu
- Lead all Business Client acquisitions. Bring in the expansion team to negotiations only on very unique cases
- Follow up on all business leads which come into the company and set up meetings
- Oversee and carry out all business client acquisition activities
- Plan and prepare business presentations and proposals
Partner (Rider & Driver) Recruitment
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and a social personality. This person will be responsible for managing the rider operations in the city as well as acquisition, including field prospecting to meet and engage new riders/drivers
- Sourcing, recruiting, on-boarding and training of partners on to the platform.
- Work side-by-side with the operations team to maintain an adequate number of online riders/drivers in Mombasa
- Maintain on-boarding pipeline and database of all riders/drivers and contracts
- Gathering key rider documentation and requirements in line with the organisation’s signup policies
- Following up on inquiries and referrals from riders/drivers
Operations and Dispatch Management
- Responsible for dispatch and monitoring of orders real time and resolving issues in a timely manner to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Continual training and support for existing riders on the company’s platform
- Monitoring standards and customer service levels, ensuring partners represent the brand well.
- Monitoring partner metrics including daily and monthly targets set by management.
- Identifying key partner issues and offering creative and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Branch management and expansion.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by CEO or senior management
KPI reporting and line management
- Responsible for monthly reporting, setting and meeting Profit & Loss targets and qualitative objectives, as well as ad-hoc requests to Nairobi HQ.
- Performance evaluation and management of Kisumu Business Development and Operations colleagues
- Daily monitoring and recording of targets set by management.
- Investor reporting on all Kisumu initiatives, metrics, and costs
- Management of city team: Operations, Sales, Marketing
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Sales, or Economics. Masters or MBA strongly preferred
- Advance knowledge in Google Suite and preparing presentations
- Financial modelling
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships across all levels and sectors, problem solving and issue resolution.
- 7+ year’s management experience in Logistics, e-commerce, entrepreneurial or related industry.
- Cross-functional team management and successful KPI performance viewed favourably.
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written, technical and non-
- Excellent team player with strong leadership capability.
- Clear knowledge of Kisumu and its environment
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
go to method of application »
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and supervise planting, harvesting and equipment maintenance.
- Setting planting and harvesting schedules.
- Ensure that harvested crops are stored correctly to avoid spoilage and contamination.
- Marketing of farm produce and monitoring the price of crops.
- Making decisions regarding the use of fertilizers and chemicals.
- Prepare and maintain farm records and accounts.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of farm budget and escalate for approval.
- Supervise the team to ensure that farm operations are effectively carried out.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Minimum Education O level with grade C+
- Diploma in Agribusiness
- Computer Literate
- Ability to read & write in English and Swahili.
- At least 2 years experience preferably in a start-up operation.
- Should have business management and basic accounting skills.
- Self-motivated and well organised.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate pro-activity and due diligence.
- Passionate about agribusiness.
- Able to bring into reality the vision of the Director.
go to method of application »
1. Job Purpose: To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives through a comprehensive internally consistent and mutually supportive marketing plan.
To formalize these marketing strategies within a specific plan of action which is constantly monitored, revised and updated to improve the quality and quantity of the results derived from such marketing campaigns.
Effective management of all the marketing activities / campaigns to include the 7 P’s of marketing, brand management and all other activities of the organisation.
The objective is to improve and increase the qualified lead funnel by increasing lead generation methods and effective qualification procedures.
2. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following, while other duties may be assigned thereafter:
a) Research and Analysis
- Research consumers and clients to profile consumer needs with a detailed consumer analysis.
- Research markets linked with the consumers above to understand market trends, sizes and the key competetive factors with a detailed market analysis.
- Research every competitor in every product segment to be able to create an objective SWOT to compare the company with the competition, evaluate the competitor’s market share, develop a perceptual mapping and positioning of our product against the competition with a detailed competitor analysis.
- Review the different distribution channels available to us, the profit distribution in each channel and the power of such channels to dictate terms with a detailed distribution channel analysis.
- Conduct regular research and evaluate analysis on the above 4 disciplines, to ensure that the strategies and action plan developed remain relevant and effective and/or new or change in strategy or action plan is required.
b) Marketing Mix
- Develop, implement, communicate and monitor, through an action plan derived from the research and analysis, the marketing mix i.e. the 7 P’s of marketing which are Product, Place, Promotion, Price, People, Process and Physical Presence.
- With product, establish the fit of the product with the rest of our product range, differentiate our product to create a positioning and perceptual mapping, determine the product in its life cycle and identify the products that we need to manufacture or import.
- With place, determine the distribution strategy and the channels to be used through the distribution channel analysis to satisfy addressibility, and POS, displays, display stands, samples, online etc. to address visibility.
- With promotion, establish the best medium of communicating with our clients and consumers through advertising, personal selling, sales promotions, PR & publicity (to include fairs, exhibitions and events) and direct marketing (to include social media). Develop, implement and monitor these mediums and explore new channels to communicate our brand image and message.
- With price, advise management and the sales team on the approach to be considered.
- With people, ensure regular training and understanding within all departments and staff, of the marketing message we want to spread across and the perception of our brand image that we would like to construct. Develop, implement and monitor all points of human contact with the outside world are consistent with our intended message.
- With process, ensure that the entire experience of the outside world, that starts from the moment they discover of our company and lasts through to purchase, after sales service and beyond, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate. Develop, implement and monitor the entire process the outside world would be likely to experience and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
- With physical presence, ensure all points of our visibility to the outside world, is consistent with the brand image we want to create and the message we want to communicate. Develop, implement and monitor these points of visibility, the outside world would be likely to witness and ensure it is consistent with our intended message.
c) Brand Management
- Develop, implement and manage the brand image and message that is consistent with our mission, vision and value statement.
- Monitor and improve the brand image and message periodically to ensure consistency but necessary change with the market requirement.
- Ensure the marketing mix is updated with the brand image and message of the time.
- Build brand reputation and brand equity within the market to increase market share and brand loyalty constantly.
- Regularly train all members of staff on what our brand stands for, the importance and how to manage brand reputation, brand equity and brand loyalty.
- Increase brand value steadily to strengthen our brand awareness.
d) Economics and Management Reports
- Create a budget for the entire plan developed a) – c) above to include quantifiable results and costs (both fixed and variable).
- Evaluate the break-even points and the pay back period of our investment and whether it is viable?
- Develop and monitor individual metrics to capture and evaluate the results derived from each individual element from the research and marketing mix employed.
- Continuously improve and change to ensure cost effective solutions are employed.
- Compare the actual results and costs to the budget and show the variances.
e) Marketing Plan
- Based on a) -d) above create the Company Marketing Plan
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the relevance of the marketing plan
- Marketing plan should be developed for a period of 5 years and reviewed on an annual basis
f) Lead Generation
- Continuously increase Qualified Lead Funnel with larger deal sizes.
- Develop different lead generation methods and create metrics for each individual method to monitor its effectiveness.
- Differentiate the lead generation and qualification into Seeds, Nets and Spears
- Seeds (customer success) are many-to-many campaigns, based on word of mouth and relationships. Basically referrals, high upsell, high cross-sell and high repeat business.
- Nets (inbound marketing, growth hacking) are one-to-many marketing campaigns.
- Spears (outbound prospecting) are targeted outbound prospecting or business development ideally by a dedicated prospector(s).
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Seeds are, Account Management Activities, Referral-Sourced Pipeline, Revenue from Cross Sells, Upsells and Repeat Orders and Churn Rate (both Logo Churn and Revenue Churn) etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Nets are, Marketing-Sourced Lead Trajectory, Lead Velocity, Marketing-Qualified Leads and Opportunities over Time, Opportunity Creation by Campaign and Pipeline Contribution from Nets etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Qualified Spears are, Number of Activities, Sales Activity Efficiency Ratios and Activity Results vs Activity Goals etc.
- Some of the Metrics to use for Leads Downstream are, Win Rates by Source, Sales Cycle by Source and Average Deal Size by Source etc.
g) Lead Qualification
- Each and every lead must be qualified, to ensure we are investing our time and resources into the right potential customer, using the N.U.B.I.T system which stands for Need, Uniqueness, Budget, Influence level and Timeline.
- Need: It is important to have a high-level overview of the big challenges or requirements that our prospect is facing to ensure that there is a need for our product and service.
- Uniqueness: Are we the only supplier or solution provider or are they also looking at other solutions or solution providers.
- Budget: Does the potential customer have a budget to engage in our solution and can we provide an alternate solution that fits into their budget without compromising on the quality of work.
- Influence level: Who are the actual decision makers so that we convince them of our solutions.
- Timeline: When are they looking to employ our solution.
3. Principal Account-Abilities
Other Principal Accountabilities:
- As the Primary in the Sales Process, the Marketing Manager will work together with the Sales Co-ordinators and Inside Sales Team and will ensure that the Sales Funnel has enough qualified leads to generate set target meetings for the Business Development Manager
- Use the full range of both offline and online methods to generate these Sales Leads.
- Responsible for the direction, design production and distribution of all Marketing publications
- Provide support to Sales in a variety of areas including expos,product launches, customer incentives and any other marketing startegy to increase revenue.
- Follow all company policies and notify of any concern that may affect work area or company property.
4. Qualifications & Experience (Competencies Required)
a) Educational Credentials.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Sales & Marketing or other relevant business related field.
b) Work Experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
c) Language Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, read and write effectively; in English and locally spoken languages.
d) Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills.
- MS Office Package.
e) Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a multi-gender, multi-national work team; whilst displaying particular sensitivity towards cultural and ethnic differences.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
f) Competencies Required
- Critical thinking-Able to observe, analyze and determine the relevance and validity of the different situations occurring in the business market.
- Research oriented – Able to dig for and gather information in all platforms, both online and offline.
- Attendance / Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary, in order to fulfil organisational requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills Required – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Highly pro-active, disciplined and well organised.
- Teamwork Spirit – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Gives and welcomes feedback, while contributing to build a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Organisational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organisation’s goals and values.
- Dependability – Capacity to handle a heavy work volume and multiple priorities. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Strong multitasking skills.
- Ethics – Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organisational values and maintains confidentiality (particularly in relation to the auditing process)
Method of Application
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2561”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2561 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 12th December 2016
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.