Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.
Ensure the effective coordination of the sales in the District assigned. Ordering and delivery functions in the area through the application of expert knowledge, planning and control to ensure the quality of sales to customers. Acts as the primary contact between the company and customers and coordinates the administration of the sales. Responsible for the management of company’s resources under their control and to achieve the assigned sales budget.
- Effectively manage all the assigned resources (fixed assets, products inventory, invoicing and sales collections) in accordance to the Company’s Commercial Policies.
- Define annual sales budget with the manager.
- Define action plans with the customers to achieve or exceed established sale targets and other sales management tasks and/or projects into the Balanced Score Card activity system.
- Develop strong relationships to achieve profitable sales growth within the assigned region.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate products to each customer to increase sales and review with them how the Company can add value and help them through nutritional programs.
- Train growers and distributor sales agents in the usability and capabilities of the company’s product.
- Implement marketing strategies (established by Global Sales and Marketing team) in the sales geographical area to increase sales participation.
- Send sales information (EGE reports) timely to Sales Administration area, and any other reports requested by other areas (Marketing, Operations, and New Products Development).
- Increase the market share and achieve the assigned sales budget in the region.
- Accurate stock control and stock management.
- Setting up annual sales budget and monthly forecasts.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Education: Agricultural Engineering, Agribusiness.
- At least 3 years sales experience: Agriculture, sales and sales management
- At least 3 years plant nutrition programs management experience.
- Technical knowledge: Sales and marketing, agriculture, techniques in plant nutrition, General administration concepts.
- Language skills: Advanced English, Swahili.
- Software knowledge: Office (basics).
- Desirable CRM System: IBM Cognos, SA.
- Willing to travel frequently.
A division of a multinational investment banking group focusing its investment activities on Africa is seeking a Country Collections Manager for their operations in Kenya. The position will report to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer with dotted-line reporting to the Head of Credit.
- Ensure monthly collections remain at acceptable group level:
- First strike collections to remain above 95% (combination of all collection mechanisms namely through payroll, stop order & debit orders);
- Maintain arrears at acceptable group levels below 3%;
- Maintain provision levels below 5%.
- Ensure the correct collections strategies are implemented to maintain loan book provisions at the agreed rate.
- Ensure failed regional collections are analysed and categorised timeously and appropriate actions to collect is put in place and followed through by the local collections teams.
- Support the Deputy CEO, Regional Collections Manager and Head of Credit in interpreting failed collection and arrears information and in the implementation of corrective actions to recover losses and prevent future occurrences.
- Relationship management:
- Ensure that sound relationships are created and maintained with key staff and management at the payrolls of all ministries, counties and private entities which the company deals with, as well as with external service providers.
- Ensure that the names, contact numbers and details of all interactions are documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that relationships are structured to ensure that there is a high level of redundancy (back-up) through ensuring that the relationships exist across a broad set of staff members.
- Arrears category management:
- Ensure that all categories of arrears are equitably and timeously monitored, managed and reported on, and that the data, process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant performance and management data is timeously and accurately collected, collated, analysed and disseminated.
- Compile the daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc collections reports to be presented during the monthly Exco and other forums.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required by Executive Management and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the availability of timeous, accurate and correctly presented information to support business decision making.
- Management of Collections staff:
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to develop management personnel and ensure the transference of skills and efficient achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all collections staff receive regular, documented coaching sessions.
- Ensure that all collections staff are adequately trained and skilled to ensure quality collection strategies and client service.
- Ensure that each staff member is monitored and managed daily against an agreed upon set of measures, and that the process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure the monthly submissions for write-offs have the required information and are based on the write-off policy.
- Maintain fluency in product knowledge, the loans management system and collections procedures necessary to carry out collections processes and conducting client interviews.
- Formulate and ensure the implementation of plans, policies and procedures in an effort to optimize collections.
- Recommend strategies for improving operations of the department
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Micro lending or related financial services experience is essential.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role (at least 3 years Collections experience in a supervisory or managerial level role)
- Government payroll and/or other payroll loan collections experience is essential
- Certificates in Legal Collections and Credit Management (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of Kenyan and general Microfinance laws relating to financial services
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.