If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Indigenous Kenyans were barred by law from growing tea until the dawn of independence when the legislation was repealed for the indigenous people to commence on tea growing. In 1960, the colonial government created the Special Crops Development Authority (SCDA) to promote growing of tea by Africans under the auspices of the ministry of Agriculture. After Independence , Kenya Tea Development Authority was formed through legal notice No.42 of 1964 and took over the liabilities and functions of the SCDA to promote and foster the growing of tea in small farms, which were previously said to be unviable in view of the expertise and costs required, as witnessed in the plantation sector. Since then the growing of tea by the small-scale sub-sector in Kenya has carved a niche for itself in the global tea trade. Kenya Tea Development Agency Limited was incorporated on 15th June 2000 as a private company under (CAP 486) of the laws of Kenya, becoming one of the largest private tea management agencies. The Agency currently manages 67 factories in the small-scale tea sub-sector in Kenya
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in design of processing and production facilities for all KTDA managed factories and installations.
Mechanical Draughtsman Job Responsibilities
- Carrying out site measurements.
- Designing of machinery layouts.
- Preparing sketches and drawings for fabrication of machinery.
- Delivering technical files and other technical documents as required.
- Pre – delivery inspections of machineries.
- Carrying out site inspections and meetings during installations
- Draw as built plant layouts.
- Ensuring drawings and designs meet project/tender deadlines.
- Ensuring proper filing and archiving of relevant documents.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Draughtsman Job
- Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and Autocad.
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge.
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area.
- Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- High level of integrity;
- Attention to detail;
Method of Application
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please apply online at the link provided not later than 4th January 2017.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Tea Development Agency (MS) Ltd career website on www.ktdateas.com to apply