The suitable candidate should be someone who loves enjoying the outdoors activities and nature as well as un-schooling methods meaning that the children take responsibility for their own education and choose their own themes and projects as they get older. He/She MUST be creative, warm, patient, flexible, good with children, genuinely caring for children and respecting them and is great at coming up with fun and interesting projects for the children.
• Design and follow a complete teaching plan.
• Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills.
• Organise learning material and resources.
• Use a variety of activities & instructional methods (songs, stories, structured games, art etc).
• Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information.
• Assess student’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
• Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing.
• Cooperate with other staff.
• Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations.
• Bsc. degree in education or relevant licence/certificate.
• Kindergarten teacher experience in teaching numeracy and literacy (Montessori way or Waldorf training).
• Good planning and organisation skills /admin skills and is able to plan exciting curriculum.
• Open to nature based free learning and someone who enjoys the outdoors.
• Preferably but not necessarily knowledge of “nature-based free learning”
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Creative and flexible.
• Good computer skills, Word, Excel.
• Someone who believes in un-schooling.
• Travelled and exposed to European, Canadian, American or Scandinavian schooling and mentality.
• Experience working with children aged 18 months – 7 years.
• Preferably someone who is already a parent.
The preferred candidate MUST have experience setting up distribution outlets for FMCG products. The candidate should cultivate and expand the company’s business and presence in the East Africa region and other territories as identified.
• Identify business opportunities in region by sourcing and acquiring customers.
• Identify and implement marketing strategies in line with business plan.
• Key account management.
• Set up Kenyan branch and resource accordingly.
• Source and maintain logistic partners with emphasis on pricing and SLA’s.
• Manage staff to ensure achievement of targets.
• Manage branch finances and administration.
• Handle operational aspects of the branch, i.e. Stock, merchandising, SOPS.
• Manage warehouse activities, i.e. stock arrivals and dispatch.
• Provide reports to Head office as prescribed.
• Attend Meetings at Head office as required.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing.
• Must have East African business to business sales / marketing / business development experience.
• Must have above 5 years’ experience in branded consumer goods sales, service and marketing.
• Must be capable of working independently and managing a diverse client base.
• Must be self motivated in a sales environment.
• Computer literate.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Willingness to travel extensively.
The ideal candidate must have Regional Manager experience in a large Retail (FMCG).
• Provide input into the strategy and operating plans.
• Deliver against all set targets on the scorecard
• Ensure stores adherence to brand standards, product and store operational requirements.
• Influence and integrate with key business unit stakeholders locally and internationally
• Build relationships with government and suppliers and ensure delivery of the strategy and plans.
• Ensure all operating processes are effectively implemented and maintained.
• Sustain profitability, protect the brand values, and deliver effective service levels.
• Build deep retail knowledge in Kenya through coaching and training programmes.
• Facilitate development and implementation of marketing plans.
• Build an understanding of the financial model and the levers needed to drive further profitability.
• Constantly seek opportunities in stores to increase sales and maximize returns on space and stock.
• Provide leadership and ensure that there is an effective loss protection plan.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in BA, FMCG, Commerce, Economics or related.
• 6-10 years’ experience of either operating a large Retail (FMCG).
• Regional Manager experience would be advantageous.
• Detailed understanding of corporate selling processes.
• Good understanding of sales management and visual requirements.
• Financial acumen & business report writing skills.
• Proven leadership and management experience in retail stores.
• Driving a performance motivated culture and development of people.
• Ability to coach and develop.
• Demonstrates passion and commitment for the brand and customers.
• Demonstrates a commitment to high performance.
• Role models the brand values.
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.