Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Infrastructure Support, the position holder will be responsible for Administration, Performance tuning, Capacity planning, management and 3rd line support of ALL Safaricom Enterprise Database (DB) Systems that include DBs for Oracle e-Business Suite (ERP), BI Systems, CRM, Fraud Management, Revenue Assurance, POS and all other IT database systems.
Responsibilities for the Database Administrator Job
- Database administration and support lifecycle including backup/recovery, automation, maintenance;
- Supporting the development, system test, user acceptance, training and production database environments;
- Ensure 99.99% availability maintained for all critical databases;
- Ensure 95% of tickets raised are responded to within the 1st hour of incident reporting;
- Ensure 90% of tickets closure is maintained;
- Identify and implementing Best Practices for Database Administration;
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
- Assist Infrastructure, Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) teams and other Technology teams with hardware and support requirements for database administration;
- Ensure Conformance to security standards for databases and data integrity;
- Develop retention policies and architecture for all systems, whilst maintaining BCP;
- Ensure regular reviews on ILM policies conducted;
- Ensure dimensioning of systems is done periodically based on demand experienced and projected;
- Ensure optimal performance of all systems maintained conforming to the SLA agreements between business and Quality Assurance.
Requirements for the Database Administrator Job
- Degree in Computer Science or Technical Related Field;
- With at least 4 years’ hands on Experience in Managing large databases;
- Experience in Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Engineered Database & Exalytic Systems.
- Database Systems Administration Techniques – understanding DB Performance tuning on various Operating Systems.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Certification –OCP DBA; Oracle Apps Systems Administration; SQL Server Administration.
- Certification in any of the following or related trainings is an added advantage
- Oracle EBS, WebLogic, SOA Administration.
- Oracle Certified Master
- UNIX/Linux Certification
Responsibilities for the Project Manager Job
- Determine project goals and or product or service deliverables to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Identify performance criteria
- Determine the key resource requirements to support planning and decision-making.
- Define appropriate estimate project schedule to support decision-making.
- Produce formal document to obtain an approval decision from the stakeholders.
- Refine project requirements, assumptions and constraints
Develop the resource management plan
- Refine project estimates in order to determine and define project baseline, schedule.
- Establish project controls by defining the required correct processes, measures, and controls to manage project change, communications, procurement, risk, quality, and human resources to facilitate project executing and controlling processes, and to ensure compliance with generally accepted industry standards.
- Develop a formal and comprehensive project plan by integrating and documenting project deliverables, acceptance criteria, processes, procedures, risks, and tasks to facilitate project executing, controlling, and closing processes.
- Obtain project plan approval by reviewing the plan with the key stakeholder and other required stakeholders to confirm project baselines prior to proceeding with project executing processes;
- Commit project resources in to ensure that all activities are performed.
- Develop project plan in accordance to the scope and committed resources
- Manage project progress by ensuring that activities are executed as planned in order to achieve the project objectives.
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to stakeholders.
- Implement quality assurance procedures by performing project control activities to meet project objectives;
- Measure project performance.
- Take timely corrective action by addressing the root causes in the problem areas in order to eliminate or minimize negative impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the corrective actions by measuring subsequent performance in order to determine the need further actions
- Ensure compliance with the change management plan by monitoring response to change initiatives in order to manage scope.
- Reassess project control plans by scheduling periodic reviews in order to ensure their effectiveness and currency.
- Respond to risk event triggers in accordance with the risk management plan in order to properly manage project outcomes.
- Monitor project activity by performing periodic inspections to ensure that authorized approaches and processes are followed or to identify the need for corrective action;
Projects Close Out
- Obtain final acceptance of deliverables by obtaining formal approval from appropriate stakeholders to achieve closeout.
- Document lessons learned by surveying project team members and other relevant stakeholders to use for the benefit of future projects.
- Facilitate administrative and financial closure in accordance with the project plan in order to comply with organization and stakeholder requirements.
- Preserve essential project records for future use to adhere to legal and other requirements.
- Release project resources by following appropriate organizational procedures in order to optimize resource utilization.
Requirements for the Project Manager Job
- Degree in Engineering/Sciences/preferably IT/Arts
- Project management expertise and certification: Certified in PMP or PRINCE 2
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing IT projects
Responsibilities for the Principal Officer-Business Improvement Systems Job
- Implementation of Oracle ERP Supply Chain enhancement modules
- Management of Oracle ERP Supply Chain Process flow
- Provide Oracle ERP Supply Chain Support
- User training on new systems
- Implementation of identified systems within Supply Chain
- Identify and propose key changes to current systems
- Tracking and reporting
Requirements for the Principal Officer-Business Improvement Systems Job
- A graduate with a Business or Engineering or an equivalent degree from a recognized university
- Professional certification by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Have at least 5 years’ relevant work experience in a supply chain field
- Good knowledge of MS office and ERP systems.
- Good project management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing external stakeholders
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.