At Dynamic People Consulting (DPC)
, we offer a proactive response to the constantly evolving human resource market. Because your organization is unique, we take the time to learn your business, listen to your needs and then offer a strategic approach that is tailor made to suit your needs.
About this position
Worldreader is seeking an experienced leader and educational professional to serve as their Regional Programme Manager in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he works in collaboration with in-country and global Worldreader staffs to implement, monitor, and evaluate school and library programmes across East Africa.
The Regional Programme Manager reports to the Director, East Africa and the Director of School and Library Programmes. The regional team includes programme, monitoring & evaluation, and operations personnel, and s/he is also part of the global school and library programme team that includes West Africa, and India programme staff, and global programme leadership in the USA.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced, global organization, and has a desire to help create a world where everyone is a reader.
Regional Programme Manager Job Responsibilities
- Leading school and library programme implementation across E. Africa including building a team, staff supervision, coaching, and mentoring.
- Working with the global team to improve, develop, and expand school and library programmes.
- Administering programme and project budgets across multiple geographies.
- Managing day to day operations of programmes.
- Steward and support partners across E. Africa to implement and operationalize school and library programmes.
- Collaborating with the monitoring & evaluation team to implement frameworks, and collect pertinent data and information with and from partners.
- Partnering with operations and other global staff to mobilize programmatic resources.
- Regional travel up to 40% (mainly across East Africa).
- Identifying key partners within the regions of operations, recruiting and negotiating on behalf of Worldreader.
- Working closely with the regional Events, Communications and Digital teams to ensure the smooth running of events, communications, data gathering and analysis and reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Regional Programme Manager Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 – 10 years of experience in international development work.
- Proven success leading educational programme implementation in East African countries.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and sustaining partnerships.
- Strong sense of leadership and project management.
- Strong knowledge of Sales force or other CRM will be an added advantage.
- Strong customer service skills, which include sense of urgency, ability to complete duties quickly and efficiently, impeccable attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated history of strong leadership and project management skills.
- Experience working for a global nonprofit or organization.
- Advanced proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Intermediate proficiency in Kiswahili, both verbal and written.
Method of Application
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position, please apply for the vacancy by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th July 2017 by 5:00p.m.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.