KCB Group is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Digital Channels, the position is responsible for maintaining an efficient card system by providing operational assistance and guidance in IT related areas to the Card Center team; ensuring compliance of the card management system with payment associations (VISA & MASTERCARD).
- Provide leadership to KCB CARD-IT team and prepare duty schedules.
- Perform core systems administration tasks, that is, the custodian of systems, ensure security of systems and information, maintain inventory of systems and perform authorized users administration.
- Collect and account for transactions acquired through merchant establishments, ATMs and other sources.
- Establish and maintain data processing schedules and controls to ensure timely delivery of quality assured outputs.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports for users, processing of incoming and outgoing files to and from VISA and MASTERCARD and any other interfaced systems.
- Ensure full availability of the card systems as required by users
- Keep track of systems and user related issues and attend to them promptly.
- Perform system upgrades and apply system patches promptly received from system vendors
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any Information Technology related field from a recognized and reputable University.
- A Master’s degree or professional IT certifications in a related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the support of systems in a banking environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting transaction processing systems such as ATMs, agency and mobile banking
- Experience in the support of Card IT systems.
- Experience in the management of IT projects.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of card systems and related infrastructure as a business delivery channel
- Hands on experience in the management of a data backup and recovery strategy.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with strong self-drive
- Establish periodic reviews of the Bank’s IT Network’s security posture, taking into account the prevention criteria and techniques which are necessary to ensure that the perimeter security is hardened against the security attacks/incidents.
- In liaison with IT Risk and Security unit, ensure proper implementation of infrastructure security and disaster recovery management practices.
- Review and recommend emerging technologies and other value-added services in line with best industry practice to support business growth while on a secure network infrastructure.
- Employ innovative technology solutions to increase efficiency in business processes to attain reduced cost-income ratio.
- Work closely with enterprise architecture unit to ensure adherence of new services / systems to internal and industry standards and best practice.
- Management of SLAs with service providers for optimum service provision.
- Maintain updated documentation of drawings of systems architecture.
- Develop a framework for introduction of new integrations and decommissioning of retired or discontinued network infrastructure elements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any Information Technology related field from a recognized and reputable University.
Valid Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security
- Additional qualification in Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP; Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC); Certification in Checkpoint Security such as CCSA, or CCSE or CCMSE.
- IT qualifications in ITIL, cybersecurity (CSX) or certification in VMware virtualization technologies (VCP) will be added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in administering and configuration of switching and routing infrastructure and administration of network security (Perimeter appliance firewalls and application gateways) in a busy corporate environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience in administration, configuration and management of IP telephony, voice, video systems and infrastructure.
- At least 2 years’ experience in vendor management.
- Track record in successful I.T project management
- Possess good analytical and communications skills as well as exposure in customer service experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.