If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Twiga provides a mobile-based supply of fresh fruit and vegetables service to vendors in urban African markets.
They provide a cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network with millions of small and medium size retail outlets, kiosks and market stalls.
Twiga’s goal is to make high quality produce easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost.
Are you a skilled driver with an interest in sales?
Do you take pride in maintaining the good condition of your vehicle and equipment?
Are you excited about making high quality produce easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost?
Twiga Foods wants YOU.
- Twiga is looking to hire Delivery Assistant(s) to support the growing demand of reaching more vendors and retail outlets within its distributor network
- The role will take full ownership for maintaining the delivery vehicle and supporting the Sales Representatives (SR) in their work.
- This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Assistant to develop their sales ability while learning on the job.
- The role offers candidates with a career path to grow into a Sales Representative.
- Drive the delivery vehicle to client drop offs, alongside the Sales Representative.
- Assist in loading and offloading the delivery vehicle at the depot and at the customer locations.
- Assist in capturing accurate information in the Data Management System (DMS)
- Drive with caution and being careful not to cause unnecessary mechanical damage to delivery vehicles.
- Carry out daily routine checks on delivery vehicles – Engine oil, Coolant, Tyre pressure, Lights and Indicators
- Take pride in keeping the vehicle clean and attend all scheduled vehicle inspections or health checks.
- Manage the vehicle’s fuel card. Routinely report on fuel use and mileage to supervisors.
- Manage any other assets (Weighing scales, phones) that you might come into contact with during the course of duty
- Engage with the Sales Representatives on most efficient routes for daily deliveries.
- Report any minor vehicle issues to the supervisory team for immediate corrective action.
- Grow sales skills by engaging with and learning from Sales Representatives with an aim to grow into the role over time.
Does this sound like you?
- Hold a valid driver’s license, preferably class BCE & motorcycle
- 2 – 5 years’ experience driving different classes of vehicle, such as vans, tuk-tuks, canters
- Have a Diploma in sales or other area of study – experience in sales a plus!
- High standard of personal integrity
- Able to do basic book-keeping and vehicle records management
- Have a certificate of good conduct
- Able to work long hours
- Experience delivering perishable FMCG goods within Nairobi a plus!
Twiga Foods Limited is looking to hire an operations management intern to work under its sales department, reporting to the commercial manager.
The candidate will be involved in the operational & administrative aspects of the sales department to ensure consistency with company strategy and goals.
The internship period is 3 months. Subject to the individual’s performance, he/she may be confirmed for the position at expiry of this period.
- Supports the day-to-day activities of the Head of Commercial, to include scheduling and prioritizing work assignments. Serves as the primary point of initial contact on matters pertaining to the Sales department.
- Represents the Head of Commercial, as appropriate, in communicating with internal and external parties.
- Independently researches, prioritizes, and follows up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Head of Commercial, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Assists management with projects. Provides constructive input to facilitate project planning and implementation.
- Assists in the identification of resources required, costs, benefits, timelines, implementation schedules, and evaluation.
- Manages day-to-day activities, including typing, file maintenance, composing correspondence and monthly general financial reconciliation.
- Undertaking administrative duties such as contracting of new employees, processing of relevant permits and assessment of new joiners to the sales department.
- Adaptability for field work- Nature of work involves movement in and around Nairobi.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High levels of integrity
- A university graduate having undertaken a degree in operations management, project management or related field.
- 1 – 2 years’ work experience in an operations management is an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate skill in typing, organizing resources, establishing priorities, and following office management procedures.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills using excel.
Twiga is hoping to grow its supply portfolio and is therefore looking to recruit a highly motivated, detail oriented team player to serve as a Sourcing Project Manager within the Sourcing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the growth of Twiga’s sourcing function by planning, budgeting, & running of the sourcing function within Twiga and reports to the COO.
- Planning, managing & growing the company’s supply portfolio while ensuring transparency of spending
- Engaging farmers and making farm visits to determine the quantity of farm produce to be harvested & timing of delivery and negotiate terms and conditions
- Researching and anticipating shifts in the negotiating power of farmers/ suppliers & applying risk minimizing techniques
- Discovering and partnering with trustworthy suppliers
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically develop, implement and optimize sourcing processes
- Handling the human resource arm of the sourcing team by recruiting, orienting, training employees & overseeing daily operations
- Developing and managing the budget to facilitate Twiga’s short term & long term sourcing growth plan
- Determining and managing the deployment of assets within the sourcing team
- Understanding the Twiga’s business requirements and how they can be incorporated into a strategic sourcing contract
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or business administration
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project manager within the FMCG industry
- Experience building partnerships & managing stakeholders
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability manage diverse staff
- An understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple end-to-end project life cycles
- Strong project management and relationship-building skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.