Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 2 Positions
Posted on: 1 December, 2017
Deadline: 11 December, 2017
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Corporate Staffing
Our client is a well established 5 star hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire an experienced individual to oversee and guide the hotel revenue management by formulating transient and group inventory restrictions and pricing strategies towards the goal of increasing market share and maximizing revenues for the hotel.
He or she will be responsible of designing and executing the hotels public relations and communication strategy to guarantee the brand positioning and the continuous visibility of the hotel and its outlets in national and international media according to the hotels business objectives.
- Develop full-year public relations and communications strategy to support the hotel’s overall business objectives.
- Develop press-worthy content for the national and key feeder markets.
- Proactively source innovative public relations opportunities and collaborations to promote the hotel’s news and senior/brand spokespersons.
- Define core messages of the hotel and its outlets, develop press materials.
- Maintain and strengthen the relationships with top-tier travel / trade, consumer lifestyle and local influencers.
- Act as main contact for crisis communications.
- Assist the Head of Sales and Marketing in the development of the yearly marketing plan and its budget preparation.
- Support the Head of Sales and Marketing in the coordination, promotion and execution of events.
- Work closely with high profile media trips, VIP outreach and management.
- Coordinate the development of the hotels media exposure and content.
- Provide monthly evaluation of media exposure and public relation activities including performance of PR campaigns along with return on investment statistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Communication .Marketing certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years public relations/advertising ideally within the hospitality industry
- Excellent at building networks and maintaining a good rapport with our clients
- Fluency in additional languages is an added advantage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays.
- Problem solving, organizational and training skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others to meet changing client demands and priorities
- Leadership skills and project management.
- Skilled in innovative copywriting and editing.
- Knowledge of local, international market and current trends.
go to method of application »
- Manage and oversee revenue management analytic functions to produce reporting that support and evaluate hotel business strategies.
- Provide guidance and support sales and marketing initiatives that are targeted to meet the needs of the hotel. Produce accurate revenue forecasts that help set hotel goals and outgrow the competition.
- Display leadership qualities that mentor, develop, and guide hotel team members such as revenue analysts and managers.
- Oversee and guide the hotel revenue management by formulating transient and group inventory restrictions and pricing strategies towards the goal of increasing market share and maximizing revenues for the hotel.
- Implement hotel sales strategy and pricing recommendations across all sections, hotel revenue systems and market segments.
- Analyze results of strategies and tactics deployed on a monthly basis. Provide all communication necessary to hotels team and the General Manager
- Responsible for creating and executing hotel corporate revenue management initiatives, and the Revenue Management Standards and Procedures manual.
- Manage the relationship with each of our Sales Account Managers to ensure that the hotel is maximizing revenue and marketing exposure from each of our top partners.
- Create the revenue forecasting process for the hotel to ensure that the accuracy of each forecast falls within hotel standards. This includes the 11 day, Monthly and Annual forecast as needed. Prepare the Annual Budget for the hotel.
- Work with the hotel General Manager and Head of Sales and Marketing to develop and implement group pricing and inventory strategies for the entire group-booking cycle.
- Develop pricing strategy with the General Manager and the Head of Sales and Marketing for the business/leisure travel sales team based on demand projections and competitive shops. Partner with the Head of Sales and Marketing to ensure that hotel strategy is implemented on an account-by-account basis.
- Partner with the hotel’s General Manager and Head of Sales/Marketing to develop and implement the hotel occupancy targets. Focus the teams on tactics that produce the highest revenue and return on investment.
- Facilitate and lead weekly hotel Sales Strategy meetings in accordance with Hotel Revenue Management standards
- Facilitate Daily Business Review meetings in accordance with Hotel Revenue Management standards.
- Effectively manage and maintain the hotels revenue management systems in accordance with hotel Revenue Management Standards.
- Coordinate with the front office team to maximize revenue from the following programs; Front Desk up-sell programs, sell out management effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Conferencing and Banqueting Teams to ensure that hotel meeting space is properly utilized to maximize room and food and beverage revenue potential.
- Represent the hotel by participating in and/or conducting industry functions in the area.
- Develop working relationships with managers in the Sales, Food and Beverage banqueting and Events Event Sales, and Conference staff, providing consultation on strategies for booking optimal group and catering business
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies
- Minimum of 4 years of experience required as a Hotel Revenue Manager leading others in a dynamic team environment.
- Technically skilled in managing all systems related to Revenue Management
- Requires understanding and analysis of financial statements
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to manage group and interpersonal conflict situations effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Team working skills complemented with motivation, versatility and analytical skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before ,Monday 11th December 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Corporate StaffingSimilar Jobs
- Restaurant Manager at Tamarind Group
- Director at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Talent Manager at Serena Hotels
- Job Opportunity at Kempinski Hotels
- Stock Keeper at Charlie’s Bistro
- Sales Executives at Hotel Express International
- Guest Service Agent at Kempinski Hotels
- Accounts Clerk at Kenya Safari Lodges