Declaration Clerk at Stratostaff
Posted on: 5 December, 2017
Deadline: 9 December, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stratostaff East Africa
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Stratostaff is a provider of flexible staffing solutions to medium sized enterprises, multinationals and governments throughout East Africa. By offering full Human Resources life cycle solutions, Stratostaff is able to contribute to better talent selection and retention, improved staff productivity and employment risk management for its clients.
The Declaration clerk will be responsible for receiving and check the documents brought by the shippers to confirm their correctness.
- Diploma in clearing and forwarding
- Trained in Orbus and Simba System and Eastern African Customs & Freight Forwarders Practicing Certificate Course (EACFFPC), DGR will be an added advantage.
- Tallying of documents with their respective weight dockets and attaching them to folders
- Processing of Mawb / Hawb on Ciel
- Ensure correct tariffs are captured on Awbs including traffic codes
- Typing /e- filling Eur1 forms ,GSPs and Certificate of Origins and photocopying of all documents
- Lodging of custom entries and Plan for custom’s examinations when necessary
- Payment for entries at the National Bank
- Securing phytosanitary certificates from Kephis shippers for shippers who have agreement with company to get phytosanitary certificates on their behalf
- Passing of the documents at the customs and dispatch of customs endorsed documents to the shippers
- Ensuring all documents are taken to their respective airline offices on time
- Preparing of document handling reports and sending them to the clearing agents
- Endorsing all custom entries at the customs before they are dispatched to the shippers
- Receive bookings placed by clients after office hours for dayshift staff to follow up
- Compile customs documentation and Hand over them to third party transport
- Form A
- Certificate of origin
- Ensure that cargo is handed over to the correct handling agent
- Any other duties within the scope of your work as may be assigned by the Departmental Managers from time to time
- Be flexible and open minded;
- Result oriented;
- Critical thinker;
- Analytical skills;
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Method of Application
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 9th December 2017.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stratostaff East AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Associate Consultant at Career Connections
- Job Opportunities at Crystal Recruit - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at Flexi Personnel - 2 Positions
- Business Development Director at Robert Walters
- Latest Recruitment at CA Global
- Job Openings at Corporate Staffing Services - 2 Positions
- Digital Marketer at Duma Works
- Job Vacancies at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)