The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 23 US cities. The Information Technology department supports the organization's work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC's offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Requisition ID: req1362
Working closely with the Regional Recruitment Manager, the Associate Recruiter will be responsible for finding the most qualified candidates, who believe in IRC's mission and are representative of the countries and region in which we work, including West Africa, East Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the US. The Associate Recruiter is responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to opportunities to work at IRC. The Associate Recruiter is creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows development of lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers.
From generating a talent pipeline and rosters to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, with the support of the Regional Recruitment Manager, you will manage the recruitment process for mid-level hires. By leveraging your knowledge of our programs' hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
- Source and assess highly qualified talent to support IRC mission
- Take on recruiting initiatives in support of the human resources strategy while ensuring compliance to local labor regulations and donor requirements
- Provide an efficient and high-quality experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including robust reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Gain a deep understanding of IRC's programs and operations, in order to provide superior talent sourcing, recruiting, and hiring in support of and partnership with hiring managers
- Develop and maintain talent pools and pipelines using global ATS (Cornerstone)
- Co-create a contextualized talent acquisition strategy to attract the best candidates in the region
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional Recruitment Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Senior Director-Global Recruiting, hiring managers, HR Partners, HQ-HR departmental staff
External: IRC candidates - internal and external, INGO forums, local and regional associations or vendors
Education: Undergraduate degree required
Work Experience: Minimum 2+ years of direct recruitment experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in a 'emergency' context - fast paced environment and demanding priorities
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools and strategies to attract talent
- Demonstrated experience and ability to implement and maintain recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context in multiple locations within a region or global environment required
- Demonstrated success in building professional relationships with management and global partners
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a cross cultural context
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
- Previous INGO experience is preferred
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written English. French or Arabic skills a plus
Certificates or Licenses: Certified Internet Recruiter certification a plus
Requisition ID: req1357
The primary responsibility of the Senior Field Infrastructure Engineer is to focus on the technologies and projects supporting field operations across the IRC's global presence. Working closely with the Regional IT leads and in-country IT staff, this role will be responsible for implementing and upgrading network, server and endpoint solutions across the 40+ countries in which the IRC works. This role will also periodically inspect and audit field sites to ensure adherence to IRC infrastructure standards for quality and security. Frequent travel to field sites is an important aspect of this role, although remote work in partnership with IT staff located in the country program is the preferred model when applicable.
- Provide technical infrastructure leadership and guidance to IRC international field offices
- Work closely with HQ Infrastructure team on projects and operations impacting region, providing additional technical support as appropriate
- Advise Regional IT Deputy Director in all operational service management
- Provide support for IT infrastructure components of rollouts/initiatives
- Support region with infrastructure duties (internet, telecommunications, servers, networks)
- Support IT components of office openings, expansions, moves and closings
- Establish and enforce IT equipment, software and operating standards in field offices
- As needed, travel to and/or assist with all IT related matters, and project specific needs, in other country field offices throughout the region
- When appropriate, travel in assistance of emergency operations to provide IT support
Look for ways to reduce IT costs through consolidations of purchasing and procurement of IT services such as bandwidth in region
- Work closely with Regional IT Deputy Director and country program IT staff to develop regional IT strategy.
- Stay current on all relevant technologies
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IT Global Infrastructure
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: IPD Country Directors as applicable
Other internal and/or external contacts:
- Network Operations Team
- IT and HR Training Teams
- Service Desk Support Team
- Software Development Team
- Business Relationship Management Group
- Country program IT staff
- Country program management
- Formal Education & Certification
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of work experience in an international NGO strongly preferred
- 7+ years of network and enterprise technology project management experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to interface with and lead technical teams.
- Deep knowledge and experience with networking and communications technologies; including but not limited to: server operating systems, network architecture, IP based networks (voice and data), satellite communications, desktop solutions, email systems, etc.
- Preferred technology experience: Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2008 and higher, Active Directory, Office 365, Cisco networking, Cyberoam firewall devices, VMware vSphere 5.5 and higher, VSAT internet connectivity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Works well within a team environment and individually
- Works with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Excellent business and employee customer service skills
- Remains calm under pressure
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.