Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Ref No 3293
Duma works is looking to recruit a Structural Engineer for Esto Africa: a reputable Real Estate Development firm in Kenya.
About the Job
Esto Africa , a real estate consultancy and construction firm, seeks to recruit a competent, highly motivated and resultoriented individual for the position of Structural Engineer who will be responsible for analyzing, designing, planning and research structural components to achieve design goals and ensure the safety and comfort of users or occupants
- Providing structural design and supervision inputs in respect of projects undertaken by the company
- Production of design using AutoCAD or any other computer programs as necessary
- Preparation and production of project reports
- Undertaking in-house design reviews,Liaising with clients and other consultants in the course of the project,Preparation of contract documents and any other related documents
- Supervision of employees/ trainees who may be placed under your guidance, Attending to site inspections and site meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in civil and structural engineering
- At least 3– 4 years relevant work experience in structural design and detailing of building structures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates sound work ethics
- Proficient in AUTOCAD/ARCHICAD
go to method of application »
Ref No 3292
Duma works is looking to recruit a Legal Officer for Esto Africa: a reputable Real Estate Development firm in Kenya.
- Review and provide legal and financial advice to the organization
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers and partners
- Efficient administration by ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that decision of the Board of Directors are implemented
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
- Must have a Law degree and CPS(K) level two or an equivalent
- 3 years post pupilage working experience
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.Good planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
go to method of application »
Ref No 3291
Duma works is looking to recruit a Procurement Manager for one of our clients ESTO AFRICA; a leading property and real estate company in Nairobi
We seek to employee a Procurement Manager who will source for us products and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive, maximize profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
- Responsible for supplier and contract negotiations which involve understanding and knowledge of commercials and competitive pricing for packages related construction
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understanding their needs and consulting with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirements
- Manage and develop strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, dealing with any potential issues and concerns, and attending regular meetings to ensure open communication
- Prepare Requests for Proposals and coordinate proposal and selection process
- Provide price comparison and validation
- Perform cost and services negotiations with vendors.
- Prepare design and construction vendor agreements (including master services agreements and notices to proceed).
- Manage template design and construction services contracts.Drive initiatives for new project delivery methods to improve overall cost of design and construction efforts.
- Develop a design and construction vendor qualification process.
- Drive process development and improvement to address growing business needs and incorporate lessons learned.
- Ensure cross-functional project teams are staying on track to meet deadlines.
- Develop and drive strategic goals while also completing tactical, working level tasks as required.
- Ability to develop and maintain a procurement system that monitors inflow and outflow of materials in the sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supplies and purchasing.
- 3 years direct work experience in purchasing or procurement in the construction Industry.
- Cost estimating experience a plus.
- Proven success working on cross-functional projects, completing cost models, and negotiating.
- Technical background knowledge in construction is a plus.
go to method of application »
Ref No 3288
Duma works is looking to find a Tour Consultant for one of its client Billionaire Concierge Ltd;A leading high end tour and travel agency.
Industry: Travel & Tourism
Our company a newly established highend tour and travel agency is Seeking to hire an experienced Tour Consultant who will be tasked with designing, costing and customizing both international and local travel itineraries.
- Ability to handle effectively all aspects of Tour Operations such as itinerary planning, reservations, tour quotations and customer service
- Must possess knowledge of different inbound and outbound destinations
- Should have thorough knowledge of the East African Tourism product & designing of International itineraries and costing
- Design flexible tour packages, excursions, safaris and other related services in regards to tours to meet the needs of different clients.
- Manage customer inquiries and aim to exceed their expectations.
- Evaluate and recommend tours and travel costing that are competitive in the industry
- Prepare proposals and make client presentations
- Explore and identify new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing industry
- Ensure client quotations are followed up for sales conversion.
- Research and constantly source for interesting product packages to meet consumer demands.
- Write & translate itineraries.
- Brief clients before a trip to ensure smooth travel,Liaise with hotels and airlines for group bookings,Liaise with tour operators / partners in other destinations.
- Tourism Management Degree / Tours & Travel Degree / Business related
- MUST have at least 4 years’ experience as a tour consultant
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents /partners,Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Self –motivated, Confident and outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
Method of Application
Apply by sending your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the ref no as the subject of the mail. Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3291 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.