If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Porticus is the international organisation that manages and develops the philanthropic programmes of charitable entities established by Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs. Our work builds on the heritage of charitable engagement of Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer, the two brothers who founded the clothing retailer C&A in 1841. We collaborate with partners around the globe to foster human dignity, social justice and sustainability.
Working within Porticus’ areas of education, society, faith and care, as well as in the fields of economic development and climate change, we aim to contribute to systemic social change by combining our global expertise with our grassroots networks all over the world. Porticus currently operates twelve offices on five continents and annually supports more than 2,000 partner organisations in over 90 countries.
- Handling incoming grant applications
- Owns and operates the grant administration system (Salesforce/MIS)
- Assesses the financial dimension of applications, showing analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ensures appropriate internal follow-up and external responses to grant applications
- Discusses new applications internally and requests additional information from applicants
- Monitoring grant process
- Monitors due dates for reports, scheduled payments, pending applications etc.
- Ensures (financial) follow-up of approved applications
- Prepares aggregated reports containing management data
- Fulfills the office reporting requirements as requested by the Global Office
- General and Administrative Support of Programme Managers and Grant Managers
- Organize travel arrangements, prepare information for visits, prepare and coordinate meetings with (potential) partners
- Prepare and provide data analysis for team members
- Handle communication between Porticus and partners
Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in an administrative or supportive role; experience in making contracts and payments is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or federal diploma
- Fluency in English and (a) local language(s)
- Skilled in Office 365 and other MS software, familiar with database management
- Team player with good organisational skills
- Charity/NGO experience is an advantage
- Desire to contribute towards helping others and the greater good
The position is based in Nairobi, reports to the Regional Director Africa and requires regular travel within the region.
The position is fulltime.
You will be part of a larger highly diverse international organisation.
Please apply before 30 April 2018. We will screen the applications carefully and will have to make a selection. In the event that your qualifications meet our needs and we wish to arrange a personal interview, we will contact you by email or phone.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Porticus career website on www.linkedin.com to apply