If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Standard Bank Group - Africa is our home, we drive her growth. What does this mean for a brand that is 155 years old? It means that we know, understand and believe in Africa and all her opportunities. We see the potential it has for our people, our customers, entrepreneurs and those who are as passionate about investing in Africa as we are. Our family extends across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and we nurture some of the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry.
- Achievement of the business targets, income and profit budgets by way of engaging the stakeholders and offering insurance supports and advice to commercial lines customers.
- Manage and develop business strategies and identify opportunities within the segments for commercial lines. Implement strategies for profitable results.
- Overview of policy classes,
- Helping in diversifying our business portfolio into other non- conventional product which is in line with current market trends e.g. Terrorism cover, cables, contractors all risks cover, Marine etc.
- Ensuring that policies issued are in line with the risk exposures for Commercial lines clients.
- Providing technical input to clients and the team, this should help in revenue generation.
- Sales Management
- Oversee the sales performance on commercial lines.
- Identify anomalies and develop strategies to rectify and improve performance.
- Provide input to branch/regional/national campaigns to ensure maximum penetration into core insurance products.
- Maximize penetration of SIA by achieving sales volumes targets timeously
- Correction of poor performance
- Achieve transformation targets
- Relationship building
- Constantly maintain a professional environment and celebrate our successes
- Timeously feedback to the network
- Build relationship with key players and group companies
- Attend regular meetings with key stakeholders
- Analysis competitor trends, pricing to optimize on sales
- Liaise with insurance companies
- Service all complaints in respect of our clients
- Ensures competency-based training on Advisory products takes place with various stakeholders as and when required.
- The stakeholders are trained accredited, and coached on the various products
- Servicing of expenses and control cost to income ratios
- Control expenses and use them correctly in order for us to achieve the highest return related to business
- Analysis MIS and act accordingly
- Apply knowledge, resources and experience to resolve problems
- Able to follow or professional challenge defined processes
- Participate in adhoc company events
- Support other business units and other departments within Stanbic Insurance Agency
- Live the values and the brand
- Be a brand Ambassador
- Share best practices, tactics and action plans
- Risk & Compliance
- Provides complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensures proper record keeping in terms of Proceeds of Crime and Anti Money Laundering Act, The Banking Act (Cap 488), The Anti-Corruption & Economic Crimes Act, The Insurance Act (Cap 487) and any other relevant legislation
- Ensure all forms are completed correctly and send to Operations for uploading to Bancassurance Policy Management system as the record keeper
- Assist channel in achieving their risk compliance ratings in terms of all SIA requirements
- Ensure customers are satisfied with SIA Advisory products bought in
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Degree from recognised University
- ACII or other relevant high level insurance qualification
- Previous banking or Insurance sales
- Experience of working within a team that delivers
- Experience in the Insurance and insurance broking industry
- Proven business acquisition skills
- Over 10 years’ experience in handling commercial customers
- Understanding of macro-economic, business, social, political trends and the transformation of this knowledge into operational strategy
- Create, edit and print files from Word, Excel to capture and analyse Insurance/financial data & Power Point.
- In depth understanding of range of products in market, competitor advantages and disadvantages and own product competitive position
- A sound understanding of risk cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- A good current knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends.
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to Personal banking and SME Tier II banking customers.
- Extract and apply information to CRM (Customer relationship management) strategy
- Full understanding of all products, sound knowledge of the bank processes and procedures
- Results orientated/Customer service focused and people orientated
- Computer literacy, negotiation, listening skill, presentation skills, sales skills, communication skills, marketing skills and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear verbal and writing skills, with an ability to explain and interpret data and business information.
- Willingness to ask leading questions to ensure communications are fully understood
- Ability to listen and pitch level of interactivity with others appropriately
- Presentation design and development skills
- Networking/ Influencing skills
- Excellent networking abilities – uses networks and relationships to achieve business goals
- Ability to influence thinking of others – to introduce and drive new ideas and initiatives
Relationship building skills
- Ability to build and sustain credibility within working relationships
- Handling of conflict situations calmly, tactfully and patiently
- Ability to understand and acknowledge other perspectives
- Receptive to constructive criticism, feedback and ideas from business partners, colleagues and subordinates
- Client Service and Relationship Building
- Engenders and personally models a client orientated ethic, which is characterised by long term, solution driven relationships
- Ensures portfolio and client account plans are implemented
To meet and exceed customers’ expectations in regards to providing them with appropriate and efficient in-branch service, ensuring speed and quality of product/service transactions. Also to identify and act on cross selling opportunities when dealing with customers. To maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Customer service
- Provide exceptional service to existing and walk-in customers based on the relevant products and services available.
- Demonstrate Self Service Banking and help customers to register for relevant channels.
- Manage “cost of sales” through the utilisation of multi channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
- Identify Cross-selling opportunities of products and services as required to provide a solution to the original service request and where necessary pass leads on to relevant areas on time.
- Listen to, empathise with and pacify irate customers by swiftly resolving their problems/complaints or when this is not possible by referring queries that cannot be resolved to the appropriate area and following up on referrals to ensure satisfactory resolution. Identify sales potential and quality sales opportunities and ensure appropriate follow-through of such leads.
- Legislative compliance
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping.
- Risk management
- Ensure that all the required controls are in place to minimise the risks associated with processes performed in the service consulting area.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University Degree from a recognized University.
- 2 – 3 years Banking experience
- Sound knowledge of laid-down policies and procedures relating to customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of Self Service Banking, (ATM’s, Internet, Telephone and Cell Phone Banking)
- Sound knowledge of banking products/services and the procedures underpinning them.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of the new Delivery System as it relates to enquiries.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of the various departments within the branch
- Attendance of relevant SBSA training courses, e.g. products, communication, sales skills..
- Provide a consistently high quality overall operational service to the WI SBG team and WI customers: -
- Timely processing of documents; CDS and Account opening, KYC, payments and statement/confirmation requests etc.
- Timely communication with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Provide end to end support for the Stockbroking function including the placing, monitoring of orders and settlement of trades.
- To ensure growth in company revenue by providing responsive, proactive and efficient services to existing and potential clients to grow market share in the securities industry.
- Leverage the group’s reach, capabilities and expertise to add value to both the customer and the Wealth and Investment business
- Ensure strict compliance with laid-down risk management controls and processes.
The role will entail the following deliverables and key competencies: -
- Maintaining communication between WI SBG customers, the WI SBG desk and Operations Teams - in terms of giving updates, maintenance, and compliance duties and responsibilities under the unit.
- To develop, maintain and build strong long-standing relationships with existing and potential Wealth and Investment Clients and other stakeholders.
- Support the WI SBG sales function by ensuring operational continuity.
- Understanding of the overall risks associated with the CDSC and payment operations and ensuring there are sufficient and effective controls to manage these risks. Understanding the rules and regulations as set out by CDSC Ltd and ensuring adherence.
- Providing a readily available, service-focused, knowledgeable and experienced point of contact for WI clients for all CDS Operations.
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and ethical standards commensurate with the requirements of market best-practice.
- Assist with the WI SBG client on boarding process including with preparation of business acceptance documentation.
- Attending client meetings to represent WI SBG and assisting with meeting actions, minutes and related deliverables.
- Monitor news flow relating to companies. Provide on-going feedback to investment team.
- Compile Data reports and assist with preparation for internal and external presentations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other market players mainly licensed members of the NSE, custodians and fund managers.
- Ensure that KYC requirements are met for all customers.
- Educate clients on existing company policies and procedures as well as basic introduction to the stock market and how it operates.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Ensure incident reporting is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure queries raised are responded to and resolved as per SLA.
- Consistently deliver high quality service to all customers; internal & external.
- Carry out and ensure that clients have met the KYC documentation requirements for the company.
- Ensure that integrity and honesty is maintained at all times in all client dealings.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational standards, policies and procedures
- Liaison between SBG operations and Wealth and Investment
- Ensure seamless communication between Sales Teams, and Operations
- Co-ordinate special projects
- Review and update procedures when and where necessary
- Maintain low levels of errors and zero tolerance to fraud
- Timely and accurate generation of reports
- Manage the query resolution process by providing timely responses
- Ensure confidential handling of client documentation and information
- Timely archiving and storage of client documentation
- Manage the administration of market actions such as IPOs and Rights issues while liaising with SBG operations.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Degree holder from a recognized University (min – 2nd class upper or equivalent).
- Professional Qualifications
- A Master’s degree and ATS/CISI certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of operational experience in a securities business or other financial intermediary.
- 3 to 5 years’ banking experience, preferably dealing with high net-worth individuals in a portfolio context.
- Experience in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- High levels of computer literacy - able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Understanding of the high net-worth individual and affluent market – typical profile, lifestyle, financial needs, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of segment value proposition – especially the operational activities required to deliver the Wealth and Investment and SBGS value proposition.
- Sound knowledge of all products and channels relevant to this market, including qualifying criteria, documentation requirements, application processes, product/channel features and benefits, pricing, product/channel combination possibilities and efficient product usage through self-service channels.
- Thorough knowledge of bank and industry systems.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.