Janta Kenya is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice for private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
Our client in a hotel industry is seeking to recruit a Barista to join their dedicated team.
Salary: KShs 20,000
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- At least a diploma in a Hospitality related course
- 2 years proven working experience as a Barista
- Ability to brew coffees as its meant to be
- Menu knowledge of hot and cold beverages
- Good communication skills
- Offer customer service
- Client relationship
go to method of application »
Our client in the hotel industry is seeking to recruit a Cocktail Bar Man to join their dedicated team in Thika.
Salary: Kshs 20,000
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- At least 2 years proven experience as a bar man
- Diploma from a recognized institution
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
- Vast knowledge of wines and spirits
go to method of application »
Our client in the hotel industry is seeking to recruit a Garden Restaurant Supervisor to join their dedicated team in Thika.
Salary: Kshs 23,000
- Create a sense of welcome and personalized service excellence for our guests
- Display an active presence in our dining rooms and public areas, interacting with guests and colleagues
- Effectively manage the systems in place to deliver superior service
- Monitor resources, ensuring the tools are available to deliver services that meet and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure appropriate performance management of colleagues in accordance with Fairmont standards, policies and procedures
- Seek out new ways to enhance service and increase profits through effective and innovative promotions and marketing opportunities
- Maintain a constructive, harmonious and communicative working relationship with all supporting departments
- Champion the ongoing professional development, and work satisfaction of all colleagues
- Ensure financial reporting is maintained and accurate
- Monitor and manage labour costs and expenses daily, with a focus on meeting and improving financial targets
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, consistently promoting colleague health and safety
- Promote and develop a culture of environmental awareness and responsibility
- Ensure that the outlet maintains a first class, positive visual impact including ambience, cleanliness, decor and service flow
- Set a positive example for Food & Beverage colleagues through exemplary dress, grooming and self-discipline and monitor colleague performance in these areas
- Inspect menus, cutlery, linen, china, and glassware & equipment/tools on a regular basis ensuring they are clean, well maintained and consistent
- At least 3 years proven experience at supervisory level.
- Proven track record of positive people skills and team leader abilities
- Must possess excellent communications and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a definite team player
- At least a diploma in a hospitality related course
- Human resource management skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Pleasant personality
- Ability to train others
- Flexibility (duties and shifts)
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications kindly send your CV to email@example.com to reach us on or before 15th October 2018 clearly indicating Barista on the subject line.