If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Reeds Africa consult (RAC) offers a broad scale of Human resource services designed to provide professional supports for the growing needs of today’s corporate organizations.
Our services includes the entire employee life cycle in an organization from the point of recruitment, training and development, policy development, compliance audits, provision of HR tools to achieve overall business success from the HR perspective.
Reeds Africa consult (RAC) consultants have a combined experience of over 18 years and are very well capable of achieving sustainable, productive performance growth with full compliance as your HR partner of choice.
Our client a well-established electro mechanical contractor and supplier in Kenya is looking to hire a Business Development Manager.
To formulate and implement sales and marketing strategies to ensure increased revenue, profits, market share and customer satisfaction and the realization of short term and long-term corporate marketing objectives.
- Generate and validate new business opportunities in the region.
- Establish market needs which align to the business portfolio and identify opportunities for new revenue through existing products and new markets
- Create market awareness for the company’s products and solutions.
- Develop and implement strategies which will help the department meet its monthly sales Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Keep a keen eye on market trends and the competition.
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Targets and increase company market share in line with company objectives.
- Negotiating and facilitating approval of new business programmes ensuring that all new business projects achieve expected returns
- Identifying, developing, deploying and retaining talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Business-Related Field/ Engineering
- Must have a proven capacity to be effective in a complex business environment within the marketing, sales and business development arena
- Must have local experience and expertise in the Kenyan region within an industrial / B2B market Contractual information
- Related industry working experience 5 years above in similar position
- Sales engineer or engineering experience in related products (Energy& infrastructure) preferred
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be an added advantage
Our client a well-established electro mechanical contractor and supplier in Kenya is looking to hire a Finance Manager.
To plan, direct and control financial resources of the company. This includes preparing the budget; conducting financial analysis and preparing financial reports; coordinating external audit; developing and implementing an effective system of accounting; managing the payroll system; and effective administrative services in line with Company strategic business plan.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company
- Participate in strategic and financial planning
- Research, prepare and submit the annual budget
- Prepare detailed reports on financial matters
- Attend meetings and make presentations to Board
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records in compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed financial reports and statements
- Provide financial and accounting advice, direction and leadership
- Approve the Chart of Accounts and maintain commitment controls
- Implement internal controls and procedures including monitoring payment authority practices, cash controls
- Monitor department spending and recommend corrective actions as necessary
- Manage investments and reserves
- Coordinate external audit
- Coordinate ICT development and implementation
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management with professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) or ACCA is a must
- Should be a member ICPAK
- 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance with 3 in senior management position
- At least 5 years’ experience in a commercial engineering finance industry
- Well-developed accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should possess Computer skills including the ability to operate and manage computerized financial and payroll information systems, spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level
Our client a well-established electro mechanical contractor and supplier in Kenya is looking to hire an Assistant General Manager.
Provide leadership and policy direction to the business ensuring that the company achieves its vision, goals and strategies through provision of excellent services to clients and effective management of the company’s resources both, human and non-human assets.
Mentor and develop managers with a clear succession planning
- Promote Company Corporate Image/identity to all stakeholders and ensure the company remains relevant to the changing needs of clients/customers
- Develop a strategic framework to advance the company’s vision, mission and objectives
- Ensure good corporate Governance
- Identify joint ventures, partnerships, acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities with like-minded organizations/institutions for business development.
- Marshalling all to work towards common objectives by being a team leader and building a strong team with shared vision
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Promote the company and its products as well as build network through personal contacts, direct mail, special events and foundation support as well as written articles.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and other formal regulatory functions.
- Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international constituencies.
- Co-ordinate communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure optimal care of company’s physical facilities and other assets.
- Present company reports and outcomes at shareholder and Board of Director meetings.
- Degree holder in a relevant field and possibly an advanced degree in business management, engineering or both.
- Minimum of 8 years of overall experience with 5 years in Senior management
- A strong understanding of managing operations in the private sector business concerns, preferably within the public sector
- Hands-on experience in implementing business strategies, systems and familiarity of Regulatory Corporations.
- Demonstrable network of contacts and high standing in his/her profession.
- Proven record of building effective partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Proven experience in managing a big company and/or institutional group.
Our client a leading FMCG company based in Mombasa is looking to hire an Maintenance Engineer.
To ensure all Production plants are in good working condition at all times and breakdowns are minimized through preventive maintenance schedules. Breakdowns should also be attended to in least possible time so as to maximized production from the plants.
- Maintenance of Generators, boilers both fire tube and oil, chillers, air coolers, pumps, gearbox, blowers, compressors, power plant auxiliaries and other machines in the plants in coordination with the production team to minimize downtime.
- Continuous follow up and proper scheduling of Preventive Maintenance for all plants including instruments
- Efficient spares and stores management
- Ensuring 95% machine availability
- Work order management system
- Flagging system should be introduced and implementation on attending all flagged areas immediately.
- Training of subordinates and efficient manpower utilization
- Waste Minimization
- Maintenance of generators, compressors, water chillers and air coolers, Pumps, Blowers, alignment
- During breakdown, dismantle, diagnose and repair in the least possible time to avoid loss of production
- Diagnose problems with folk lift, then refer to transport department for any repairs.
- Lifting of equipment’s on the site when required for project completion.
- Allocation of staff to complete tasks required in the department and monitoring of manpower utilization.
- Preventive maintenance schedules for all above equipment’s should be put in place.
- Ensure all spare parts are correctly stored and easily available at the shortest possible time. Records and stocks need to maintained for efficient resolution of breakdowns
- Staff training in correct procedures during maintenance jobs taking place
- Safety of the staff at all times to be ensured.
- 5S and housekeeping to be maintained in workshop and all surrounding areas
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in Manufacturing sector
- Experience in Plant Maintenance especially pumps, diesel engines, compressors, refrigeration, gearbox, Boilers and power plant auxiliaries
- A degree in mechanical Engineering and plant is an added advantage.
- Attention to detail, good planning of schedule, knowledge of engineering tools, safety and health awareness, ability to think fast on feet, driving skills
Person Specification Skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle a large number of tasks at the same time
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and address key issues Sound financial management and budgeting skills with the ability to monitor Variances
- High level of computer and numeracy skills and comfort working with numbers, attention to detail
- Sound database management and operation skills with ability to extract critical information
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence people, must be flexible and able to multi-task
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Reeds Africa Consult career website on www.reedsafricaconsult.com to apply