BOH is a registered Faith based and community non-governmental organization instituted to address the HIV/AIDS pandemic among women in poor communities. This is achieved by setting up programs to assist in the prevention and management of the disease.
BOH was registered in 2002 when it commenced its operations in HIV/AIDS work in Ongata Rongai.
The position is to provide administrative and office secretarial and logistics support to the assigned department and create a welcoming atmosphere for all the visitors and support staff accordingly.
- Keep the reception area clean, neat and tidy and give a warm welcome to clients and visitors.
- Screen all visitors to determine the purpose of their business within the premises and use discretion as to whether they can be granted access or whether they need an appointment
- Keep a daily record and including contacts of all visitors/parents.
- Assist the security team by keeping a lookout for any suspicious activities or any incidence or occurrences that require reporting to the head of security
- Dispatch any mail and deliveries sent to the academy to the relevant person
- Communicate any information to parents or guardians as required
- Direct Job applicants to leave their application at the administration block
- Handling both outside and inside callers with courtesy and respect.
- Note down any messages from clients to academy staff who may be out of office
- Assist in making emails/ calls to stakeholders during official functions when requested
- Monitor and control the use of the stationary ensuring there is prudent use of this stationary.
- Type and copy all the required office documents as requested by the college team
- Assist the Principal in ensuring that school policies and procedures are carried out at all times
- Have overall responsibility for the efficient administration in such matters as updating schemes of work, typing of examination papers and other reports.
- Keep an organised record and backup of all records of the department that may be required for future reference such as reports
- Ensure the working environment is pleasant and safe for pupils, and staff and recommend any improvements to the Principal and Head of Education and training.
- Monitor and record attendance of parents or guardians at parents’ meetings and arrange alternative meetings where necessary
- Assist the Principal and other college staff in procedure of ordering items for the section such as furniture, other equipment, and stationery
- Liaise with the administration department in repair or replacement of any damaged tools and equipmentother similar duties;
- Enter data for the department into the Data system for purposes of reporting and generating reports for internal use and to send to partners.
- Develop an internal comprehensive filing systems for all documents on hard and softcopy.
Financial record keeping:
- Ensure that all the financial records regarding student payments are updated daily and prepare summary reports as requested from time to time for the College or Finance department use.
- Inform all parents and guardians of the proper procedure to make payments
- Participate in the daily devotion with other staff members.Perform other duties as assigned.
Administration Assistant Job Qualifications
- Diploma or Certificate in secretarial studies
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer packages such as MS word, power-point and spreadsheets.
- Must have knowledge of desktop publishing.
- Strong organizational, office and time management skills and a good planner
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills.
- Dynamic, proactive and creative.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-drive.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal, public relation and customer care skills
- Must have good typing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Possess basic bookkeeping or accounting skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
Special Working Conditions
The job may demand long hours of work and at times work under pressure. The nature of work requires that strict deadlines must always be met.
To manage the communication and public relations programs, activities and efforts for Beacon of Hope, raise awareness and increase visibility of the organization with key stakeholders and the general public, ensure dissemination of appropriate messages to relevant audiences (both internally and externally), and promote documentation of the organization’s program work as well as information sharing and learning.
Management of Communication Initiatives and Processes:
- Ensure that Beacon of Hope maintains effective communications and public relations policies, strategies and plans.
- Manage continuous profiling of Beacon of Hope to build and maintain positive image with its audiences.
- Enhance communication with key stakeholders and facilitate use of appropriate media to support communication with external audiences.
- Manage the publication and distribution of Beacon of Hope’s newsletters and magazines.
- Support external communication with Beacon of Hope’s partners and collaborating agencies.
- Establish and maintain effective mechanisms for internal communications.
Production and Dissemination of Corporate Materials:
- Liaise with staff to ensure finalization of the writing, proofreading, editing, and compilation of all communications, correspondence and publications.
- Coordinate the production of online monthly newsletter and other general updates according to the communication and advocacy objectives.
- Take and edit pictures, audio and video recording for documentation purposes and for information dissemination to Beacon of Hope’s key stakeholders.
- Maintain an updated database of key stakeholders including partners, donors and collaborating agencies.
- Facilitate the production of Beacon of Hope’s annual reports.
- Produce publicity materials such as brochures and videos.
Management of Beacon of Hope’s Website:
- Ensure that Beacon of Hope maintains a user-friendly website.
- Ensure that the content of Beacon of Hope’s website is appropriate and up to date.
- Prepare and disseminate blogs, updates, photos features, and interesting and impact stories.
Support Beacon of Hope’s Public Relations:
- Ensure that Beacon of Hope maintains effective communication and share relevant information with its key public audiences.
- Manage appropriate responses to requests for information and enquiries about Beacon of Hope, its programs and activities.
- Represent Beacon of Hope at relevant meetings and events.
Manage Media Relationships:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key media houses to promote Beacon of Hope’s profile.
- Provide communications advice including development of relevant messages and use of the right media channels when need arises.
- Develop press materials including press statements and releases, and information kits/fact sheets when need arises. Identify and facilitate opportunities for Beacon of Hope to feature in the media.
- Manage and provide appropriate responses to media inquiries.
- Coordinate and manage placement of advertisements in the media.
- Prepare periodic updates to Senior Management Team on media coverage and its implications to Beacon of Hope.
Facilitate Documentation, Sharing and Learning:
- Manage Beacon of Hope’s documentation and publication work processes.
- Collect and compile updates from Beacon of Hope’s activities and disseminate to relevant audiences through appropriate channels.
- Facilitate documentation of Beacon of Hope’s learning experiences, best practices and case studies from its work and engagements.
- Develop and maintain a system to capture positive reports on Beacon of Hope’s work that appear in the media and other publications.
- Train, coach and mentor staff and affiliates on communication, information sharing and learning, and documentation.
Provide Support on Resource Mobilization:
- Identify and support the Executive Director in development of institutional relationships for resource mobilization/fundraising.
- Identify and disseminate information on donors’ application processes and deadlines.
- Provide support in writing concept papers and proposals to respond to specific solicited and unsolicited funding opportunities that are within the mandate and values of the organization.
- Establish contacts and networks with other likeminded organizations and back donors.
- Research and analyse donor calls for funding applications, expression of interest and request for proposals.
- Prepare an update including information on donors’ thematic areas of focus on a regular basis.
- Develop information material to be used in contact with back donors.
- Proactively scout for new funding avenues; help in preparing and submitting proposals in liaison with appropriate units.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the organization of Beacon of Hope’s initiatives, activities and events.
- Support marketing initiatives, tools and materials.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Executive Director and Senior Management Team from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in communication or any related field.
- Post graduate training in public relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Strong team orientation. Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below