Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 29 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the `Cyber Security Department within the wider Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Department – Cyber Security, the Managed Cyber Security Services Senior Manager is the key player in the Managed Cyber Security Services Team for the client, serving as the delivery management focal point for operational governance and oversees the day-to-day activities of the delivery team.
The Managed Cyber Security Services Senior Manager will oversee the Managed Cyber Security Section, in developing and maintaining the overall service delivered by the team to its clients, ensuring the services delivered meet the client requirements, support the overall business plan and are cost effective, ensuring the section is meeting its strategic objectives.
Also in this role, the Managed Cyber Security Services Senior Manager will be accountable for all initiatives geared towards the building and maintenance of the services that will be delivered as part of the overall Section. The Senior Manager will lead in the management of all tasks, working with service delivery teams, peers and clients to ensure that the information and services implemented are delivered and operating smoothly. S/He will manage all commercial & technical aspects of the sales cycle, and will play a leading role in the development of the Managed Security pre-sales organization.
- The person in this functional role will need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of commercialisation, design and implementation of complex security value propositions.
- Provide oversight and management for operational Managed Cyber Security activities, processes and polices as required
- Work to build out and enhance a team of Managed Cyber Security Services professionals
- Own strategic accounts where onsite personnel are deployed
- Perform regular portfolio reviews and status updates
- Oversee sectional tasks as they seek to leverage existing Cyber Security Infrastructure to deliver solutions that solve customer problems
- Create a climate that fosters research and development (R&D) efforts in the Managed Cyber Security space, thus channelling input into the departmental Cyber Security
- Strategy & Innovation Roadmap
- Act as a primary liaison within the Cyber Security department, working with service delivery teams, peers and clients to ensure that the information and services implemented are delivered and operating smoothly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/Technology Management (or equivalent) from a recognised university;
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH/CCSP
- At least 6+ years of experience in managed services leadership experience with security or Infrastructure Service offerings for enterprises, ideally in a cyber-security setting.
- Hands-on experiencing in building out and enhancing a team of managed services professionals
- Prior supervisory or technical team lead experience
- Experience in crisis management
- Proven hands-on experience in Microsoft & *nix Operating Systems
- Advanced Networking Competencies: CCNA/CCNP
- Experience in the use of vulnerability assessment tools
- Proven experience in Security Information & Event Management Platforms: e.g. Splunk, ArcSight, QRadar, etc.
- Proven experience in Cloud Technologies: Cisco UCS and VMware (or equivalent)
- Broad familiarity with Security Technologies within other disciplines is a definite bonus
- Familiarity with Information Security Management Systems and Standards (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the broader threat landscape and the ability to distil technology trends, and explain complex behaviours in simple terms
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms (e.g. Google Apps, MS Office365, VMWARE, ESXi, AWS, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Okta, OneLogin, Dropbox, Box, etc.).
- Experience with POCs and Demos
Reporting to the Manager- Infrastructure Support, the position holder will be responsible for System support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom UNIX/Linux based servers and Storage. This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers based on UNIX/Linux and Virtualization. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues;
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery;
- Provide solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Backup, hardware and software assurance;
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures;
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components;
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 years experience as Systems administrator in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux, SAN/NAS and Virtualized environment;
- Strong in UNIX/Linux Servers and Storage Systems Administration including certification;
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, IBM AIX, Linux Enterprise, Server Hardware and Storage;
- Knowledge in SAN and NAS is desirable;
We are pleased to announce the following six month fixed term contract vacancy in the HR Operations within the Resources Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the HR Service Delivery Manager, the employee will be responsible for HR service delivery for both internal and external customers.
- Provide 1st level operational support across the business and externally in various HR services.
- Generating and replacing staff identification badges.
- Responsible for provision of HR Administration services to support initiatives from HRBP’s and Centers of Expertise.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving client service issues and challenges on a daily basis.
- Updating, verifying and endorsing all documented correspondence coming into HR Operations for filing in the personnel files.
- Up to date staff record maintenance on both Oracle HR System and staff personnel files.
- Putting in place a filing plan for any documents that cannot be filed within the SLA and share with stakeholders.
- Support staff with medical related queries that come through the HR service desk.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resource Management or relevant field.
- Strong administrative skills with a flair for technological enhancements
- High multi-tasking, organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Efficient skills in word processing, spread sheet applications, basic knowledge of internet/e-mail functions and use of Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, exercise tact and discretion and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, successful candidates will be expected to provide the documents below for verification;
Applicable to Kenyan citizen candidates only
Scanned copy of Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigation (CID Kenya) (Less than 12 months old)
Scanned Copy of Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applicable to all candidates
Scanned copy of your University Certificate/s
Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport /Legal Form of Identification
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.