If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 31 countries and over 8,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia work together to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
We are recruiting for university graduates in the Assurance, Tax and Advisory lines of service.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Should have a B+ and above in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its Equivalent.
- A Bachelors degree with a minimum of upper second class honors or its equivalent
- You should have graduated in 2018 and did not participate in the Graduate Associate program in 2018 or are graduating in 2019 and will have completed your studies by September 2019.
Apply before 29 March 2019 at 1700hrs EAT.
We are seeking to strengthen our Human Capital team in Kenya by recruiting a highly motivated individual for the position of a Human Capital Business Partner to support the Advisory Line of Service. The person will be based in Kenya however supporting the East Market Region (Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia, Mauritius and Kenya). The person should have eight to ten years of experience in human resource operations role with three to five years of these at a managerial level.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be part of the Human Capital team in delivering the Human Capital strategy and the PwC People Experience
- Develop a comprehensive HC strategy aligned to the business' long term strategy and design relevant programmes / initiatives / road map to operationalize the HC strategy.
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership in the various human resource deliverables around talent acquisition, development, performance management, people engagement, onboarding & off-boarding, employee wellness & welfare
- Support the Line of Service in implementation of the action plans from the employee engagement survey through relevant staff & leadership engagement.
- Strategic partnering with the business on resource planning to ensure that we source for sufficient numbers of skilled people to deliver business goals
- Support the business in retaining the right people and skills to optimize business performance and efficiency
- Coordinate the implementation of the Learning and Development (L&D) activities for the technical & non-technical business skills for the Line of Service
- Delivery of leadership & staff training on respective human capital areas – onboarding, performance management & coaching, business skills training etc.
- Ongoing engagement with Line of Service leaders and managers to ensure consistent and quality support for our people
- Grow and maintain relationships with the business leaders, staff and external stakeholders and provide support on employment legislation matters and policy issues including policy development and review to ensure compliance with employee legislation and best practice trends
- Preparation and analysis of HR management reports regularly as and when required by the business
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
The successful candidate will be required to have the following demonstrable skills and competencies:
- Degree in Social Sciences with a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management
- Possess an IHRM practicing certificate
- Minimum of 8-10 years in a HR generalist role a minimum of 3 - 5 of these at a managerial level, with experience in learning & development, policy development
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation and human capital best practices
- Excellent time management & organization skills
- Demonstrable facilitation skills
- Proactive and high level of initiative
- Good IT skills and experience in working with HR management systems & tools
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
26 March 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) career website on www.pwc.com to apply