Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya
The Project Manager ensures that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures that projects are effectively resourced and will manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project stakeholders).
The Project Manager will also be responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful project team.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Managing and leading the project team.
- Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Detailed project planning and control. Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues, risks, delays and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Providing status reports to the project owner and sponsor.
- Managing project training within the defined budget.
- Liaison with, and updates progress to, project steering board/senior management.
- Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Identifying user training needs and devising and managing user training programmes
Key Critical Competencies
- Excellent Project planning,monitoring and control
- Excellent interpersonal skills,team leadership and delegation skills
- Execellent Risk and Issue management skills
- Time, cost and quality management.
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong coaching skills
- Culture sensitivity
- An undergraduate degree in a business/ICT/Project Management or any other related field.
- Project Management professional qualifications in PMP/PRINCE2 or similar qualifications.
- An MBA/business related Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills with the proven ability to manage large projects.
- Strong management skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage teams; identify and secure needed resources; escalate conflicting priorities; influence team members and business leaders to successfully execute
- Ability to negotiate agreements and/or reach consensus with all levels and positions within the organization
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply