Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
Operational Risk is a department within Risk division that works with Business units within the Bank to establish, maintain and continuously improve operational Risk management capabilities.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk, the holder of the position will support the effective and proactive management of Operational Risks at an integrated level within the Bank, aligned to the Business strategy, Operating model and Group Operational Risk policies.
The role calls for partnership with head office, branches and risk stakeholders to ensure that the processes for identifying, measuring, controlling and reporting of operational risk is aligned to the integrated Operational Risk framework.
- Provide expert advice, share best-practice/risk mitigation techniques with management to enable pro-active management of risks within their Business units.
- Implement tools, for identification and assessment to identify control, manage and measure enterprise wide non-financial Risks as per the Group Operational Risk management policy and incident management framework.
- Implement and maintain a framework of incident and loss reporting (LDM) event magnitude and frequency measurement formulating lessons learnt and development of risk control recommendations.
- Implementation of the Groups Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework incorporating qualitative and quantitative scores for management and control of operational risks.
- Analysis of RCSA, LDM, Audit report to build controls by mapping procedures and policies to comply with internal, statutory and regulatory requirement.
- Keep actionable track on Group-wide risk profile and develop operational risks reports for management and board to facilitate active operational risks oversight.
- Maintain and support change initiatives on New Product/Process and Geographies and the implementation process.
- Establish comprehensive and a continuous training program on various risks that the Bank faces so as to embed knowledge of policies and procedures across the business.
- Calculation/ measurement of Operational Risk Capital using advanced methods.
- Champion consolidated risk reporting with a view to standardizing risk reports for the different governance forums.
- Review frequency and seriousness of breaches and significant increases in operational risk exposure to maintain Bank’s Risk tolerance levels.
- Review and evaluate internal controls and propose appropriate recommendations for any changes and/or enhancements; Ensure that agreed remedial actions adequately address internal control deficiencies and thereafter ensure regular follow up to ascertain execution and effectiveness.
- Implement an enterprise wide Group Risk Management framework as per Basel II Accord and regulatory requirement.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in a Business related field from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education
- Professional qualifications in ACI and / or GARP, APRM, CRA, PRM, FRM is required
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field is added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in a Banking environment having had:
- 3 years’ experience in Audit or Risk management
- 4 years’ management level experience in Banking Operations, Credit, or Finance Units
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KCB Bank Kenya career website on ke.kcbgroup.com to apply