SunCulture's Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding, sustainable ways and our Mission is to develop and commercialise life changing technology that solved daily challenges for the world’s 570M smallholder farming households. Through passion for agriculture and technology, SunCulture has developed a solution that combines affordable solar water pumping and customized irrigation system. SunCulture is taking an active part in improving not only the lives of farmers, but also the environment by reducing CO2 emissions and water usage. SunCulture’s flagship product is called the RainMaker, a world class solar-powered irrigation system for smallholder farmers.
We are looking to recruit two Sales Team Leads to manage either Nakuru and Narok regions. Reporting to Regional Sales Manager, the regional STL should be a dynamic, self-motivated person with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. The Sales Team Lead will be in charge of the Sales Agents in his/her territory . S/he will be responsible for managing sales and clients for her/his own territory.
- Identify and recruit potential sales agents;
- Support sales agents through field coaching;
- Manage sales for your territory to ensure tight coverage
- Track agents' use of selling tools;
- Track lead generation & the selling process;
- Manage sales agents attitude;
- Ensure sales agents operate within weekly work plans;
- Do Check-in Calls with Sales Agents;
- Assist sales agents with lead follow-ups and closure;
- Conduct Sales Agents weekly sales meetings; and
- Coordinate After Sales Customer Service.
- Proven experience in a sales or marketing role
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota
- Strong leadership abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, plan, manage and act to achieve set outcomes
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and meet targets.
- Passion for irrigation and in-depth knowledge of industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
- Independent thinker with proactive decision making capabilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment
- Have the ability to handle pressure, keep cool-temper and handle rejection gracefully.
- Be organized and be an expert in time management- both at personal and team levels
- Diploma or degree is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
The candidate fit for this role will expand our customer base and achieve sales quotas in the central Rift Region. This person’s primary responsibility will be to meet sales targets through the field sales team.This role requires an individual who is a star in building relationships with customers as they seek to understand how best to serve them.
- Meet established sales targets through the field sales team.
- Build a strong field sales team by recruiting, motivating and guiding.
- Managing a sales team in order to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate-set goals
- Manage the performance of a target-driven field sales team.
- Shadow sales teams in the field to better understand and identify solutions to challenges faced in terms of converting leads.
- Liaise with the training manager and regional sales trainer to ensure that the sales team get all the needed trainings.
- Collaborating with senior executives to establish and execute a sales goal for the region
- Advise the Head of Sales on market intelligence and share ideas on how best to action.
- Support field sales agents in pitching to organizations and customer groups.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop lead generation plans
- Identify and develop strategies of expanding the customer base in all operational sales areas.
- Reviewing regional expenses and recommending improvements
- Ensure that the accuracy of the customer data collected by the field team.
- Provide accurate sales reports that will advise the decisions made by senior management and senior management and support the sales agents.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of sales tools, processes and materials.
Standards of leadership applicable for this role include;
- Bias for action
- Accountability and responsibility
- Building talent and teams
- Growth mindset
- Consumer and customer focus
- 4-6 years’ experience in sales and marketing in a mid-level capacity with a business
- Natural leader with proven management skills
- Experience forecasting sales and building a customer base
- Comfortable with some travel
- Persistent, unyielding, and results driven
- Working / worked in a direct sales target driven business.
- Have discretion in using budgetary allocations for the region and/or department
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in solar/ off-grid pump systems not required but would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up not required but would be an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to handle any job assigned under your scope of work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Great- please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th July 2019.