Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. Our vision is to live in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Last year Save the Children's programmes and campaigns reached more than 55 million children directly around the world, through our and our partners' work.
East and Southern Africa (ESA) is a highly strategic region for Save the Children. The funding environment in the region is becoming more challenging and complex, with donors looking to work more directly with national governments and civil society. At the same time, there is increasing competition for funding from other INGOs, UN Agencies and private contractors. Save the Children aims to respond with more effective pre-positioning and donor engagement, and providing donors with a clearer and more compelling rationale for collaborating with Save the Children.
The Regional Partnership Manager (RPM) plays a critical role in supporting the East and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Office and Country Offices within the region with strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with key institutional actors. This a key role in the ESA Regional Office that will support Country Offices to prepare for and engage in new donor relationships, in optimising existing relationships and partnership and expand funding in response to the significant shifts in donor trends.
The role will provide leadership, advice and support on donor engagement and positioning for the RO and COs, primarily being responsible for
- Supporting the development and implement of a Donor Regional Office engagement strategy to build Save the Children's profile and influence, create new partnerships with existing and new donors, increasing funding.
- Increasing levels of donor/partner intelligence and insights leveraged between global, regional & country level teams
- Helping develop a culture of engagement and an entrepreneurial approach to positioning with both existing and new donors at CO level; building capacity and playing an active role within the regional community of practice
- Successful capture management of high value/priority opportunities.
The position requires an experienced professional who can build capacity at the national level as well as provide surge support when required.
Expected travel up to 30% of time.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to prepare presentations for donors that lead to funding opportunities.
- Experience with actors and stakeholders in the ESA region.
- Strong experience in presentation and communications skills.
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross organisationally within a large complex global organisation.
- Proven experience of providing creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives that contribute towards partnership objectives.
- Strong leadership behaviours, including external orientation, situational agility, partner focus, delivery of results, entrepreneurial approach, negotiating and influencing.
- Proven record of accomplishment in partnership building, brokering relationships with partners.
- A proven team player. Someone who is open, ambitious and who is able and willing to deliver beyond his or her personal brief.
- Excellent English skills to communicate in writing and orally with impact.
- Proven problem solving and strategic planning capability.
- Experience and knowledge of current thinking and future trends and thorough understanding of international development issues, particularly in the ESA region.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and with impact.
- Problem solver
- Results orientated
- Entrepreneurial self-starter
- Rigorous, methodical, and detail-oriented
- Ability to coach or mentor key, often senior staff, in relationship management and funding strategies
- Pro-activity and the ability to work at a distance with minimal supervision
- Commitment to Save the Children's mission, values, and approach (includes child focus and equal opportunities).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply