The Nation Media Group is a leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, film, and TV entertainment, and uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content on a multi-platform basis.
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self—motivated individual to fill the position:
Job Ref: HR-HOM-07-2019
This position is responsible for formulating, directing and implementing marketing strategies for Nation Media Group’s brands in Kenya to achieve the overall business objectives of the company.
The role reports to the Group CEO.
- Formulate NMG’s strategic marketing plans to deliver against company objectives;
- Lead the Group’s product development initiatives;
- Direct and evaluate regular market research and provide relevant insights to management;
- Prepare the marketing budgets and manage the delivery of all marketing activities:
- Lead the development and implementation of brand plans, activations and promotions to strengthen NMG’s brands share of market in the various consumer segments;
- Coordinate all NMG marketing functions to maximize synergies and ensure that advertising and marketing across all media is aligned to the defined brand identities;
- Select and manage external marketing and advertising agencies;
- Lead and motivate the marketing team to execute brand plans and deliver against marketing objectives;
- Manage and develop the capabilities of the brand teams; and,
- Work closely with key stakeholders, division and department heads in editorial, television, circulation and advertising to align on business objectives and marketing needs.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Professional qualification and membership to the Marketing Society of Kenya is an added advantage;
- Ten (10) years’ of relevant experience, Five (5] of which should be at senior management level;
- Strong customer orientation;
- Ability to manage complex interfaces and senior relationships within the business;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross functional operational plans:
- Strategic thinker with ability to operationalize strategy into action; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with diverse, cross functional teams.
go to method of application »
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit experienced and self-motivated Freelance Business Solution Executives in the Advertising Department.
Reporting to Business Solution Manager- Business Daily, the ideal candidates will have the overall responsibility of initiating and executing sales while promoting and developing effective advertising solutions to clients.
- Selling advertising solution for Business Daily through prospecting, writing proposals, visiting clients, taking orders, managing clients and managing Nation Media's market share;
- Collecting debts by invoicing, delivering statements and following-up on payment;
- Client account management, making courtesy calls, conducting market intelligence, enhancing client PR for client appreciation and monitoring client advert positioning;
- Guaranteeing quality control by ensuring minimal make-goods and credit notes, managing deadlines and managing client complaints;
- Meeting targets and KPIs; and
- Contributing to the team and functioning within the organization's corporate culture and values.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- University Degree preferably in Sales and Marketing;
- At least 2 years' experience in sales and marketing;
- Excellent prospecting skills with an orientation for results;
- New business to business sales experience preferred with recognition as top-performer
- Ability to work independently, within a team and under pressure;
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills;
- Superior communication and presentation skills;
- Strong understanding of lead generation;
- Ability to cultivate long standing client relationships.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
If you meet the above requirements, apply online on or before 8th August, 2019.
We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants