The ICT Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan, 2017.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. We seek and employ individuals who are qualified for the various job roles and are committed to contribute to the vision and objectives of the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Taking minutes; using e-office to research and process data;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors and client;
- Handling customer inquiries,complaints and handling telephone calls and; Coordinating schedules of meetings and appointments;
- Coordinating travel arrangements;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials;
- Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements;
- Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office;
- Preparing responses to routine correspondence and managing office protocol and etiquette.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Secretarial Studies; Bachelor of Business Management/Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences plus a Higher Diploma/Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution;
- Have a minimum three (3) years’ work experience in public service or in the private sector;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and demonstrated professional competence in management of office administrative services.
go to method of application »
- Ensure compliance of financial transactions to approved financial policies, procedures and control systems
- Participate in formulating and implementing sound financial accounting policies, procedures, strategies and systems that ensure effective control and accountability of the Authority’s resource;
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports and final Accounts;
- Prepare cashflows statements
- Review the general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting;
- Implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures;
- Coordinate payments of suppliers in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures;
- Handle audit queries to ensure they are effectively resolved;
- Facilitate the budget preparation exercise through collation of information from various functional areas and onward input into the system;
- Handle any other official duties allocated from time to time.
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Accounting, Economics or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K)
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Member of the Institute of Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or it recognized equivalent
- Computer skills
- Problem solving, Analytical and organizational Skills
- Negotiation and People management skills
- At least three(3) years in relevant work experience in the Public Service or in private sector
- Meets the provision of Chapter six of the Constitution.
go to method of application »
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of websites, portals and web-based applications for Government MDAs.
- Create the enterprise system design and functional specifications
- Write code/programme and test individual applications/systems
- Be able to provide an entirely new software resource using development tools including writing documentation and operating manuals,
- Install applications/systems and Oversee administration and maintenance of the same.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications to meet performance objectives of Government of Kenya MDAs and Counties
- Oversee analysis of user requirements for implementation of new systems or enhancement of the existing systems and translate user requirements into system specifications
- Collaborate with vendors/developers in the development of the applications/systems, documenting systems’ manuals including technical and user manuals
- Investigate and resolve enterprise application functionality related issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Manage software licenses and shared services software assets throughout Government MDAs to ensure that they are legally acquired, up to date and protected from risk.
- To advise the Manager, Applications on overall strategy regarding shared services business applications
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- A university degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution
- Seven years’ relevant experience in system development, experience in dealing with ERPs and other enterprise applications
- Knowledge of business analysis, implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, system coding and enterprise software applications.
- Relevant Certification in Enterprise systems such as Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP
- Management experience in leading and developing an ICT support team
- Analytical skills; able to evaluate information and situations and take sound decisions Project management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proven leadership skills
Method of Application
All applications should be done strictly on ICT Authority Online Platform on http://recruitment.icta.go.ke
Interested and qualified? Go to ICT Authority career website on recruitment.icta.go.ke to apply