The Manager, Strategy, Compliance and Corporate Communication, Job Grade TAWWDA 3, is answerable to the Chief Manager, Corporate Services for Corporate Planning & Strategy, Compliance, Risk Management & Quality Control and Corporate Communication.
The successful candidate will be employed in this position on a permanent and pensionable basis.
- Coordinating and reviewing the Board’s Strategic Plan and ensuring that it is consistent with national plans;
- Approving Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) in liaison with other departments;
- Approving research proposals;
- Coordinating socio-economic studies on TAWWDA;
- Co-ordinating the preparation and implementation of the organisation performance contract;
- Conducting prefeasibility and feasibility studies for programmes and projects;
- Promoting and creating a culture of innovation in TAWWDA;
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the implementation of Board programmes, projects and activities
- Quality assurance of the Authority products and services and maintenance of the Quality Management System in accordance with the applicable Standard;
- Carry out internal audits and follow-up audits;
- Prepare and monitor implementation of annual budgets for resource allocation and control;
- Coordinating the preparation of speeches, media briefs and TAWWDA’s newsletters;
- Sourcing for appropriate media to disseminate information on activities of the TAWDDA; and
- Ensuring appropriate feedback mechanisms are in place.
The candidate must:-
- Have served in the grade of Principal Economist/ Principal Compliance and Risk Management Officer or in a relevant and comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have attended a Leadership Course not lasting less than four (4)weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have Proficiency in computer applications skills;
- Have demonstrated profession competence and administrative ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Candidates will be required amongst other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Applications should include:
- Application Letter indicating the position you are interested in
- Curriculum Vitae indicating work experience names and addresses of three referees
- Academic and professional certificates
- National ID or passport
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and eligible candidates should submit hard copy applications in a plain sealed envelope and clearly marked with the Job Ref. No. and Job Name, and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency,
K.I.D.P Building, Kalawa Road,
P.O Box Private Bag – 90200,
All applications should be submitted not later than Thursday 3rd October, 2019 at 5.00p.m.
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters.