Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT
To ensure that interline billing transactions to and from other airlines, Tax obligations to Governments, Miscellaneous Billings of selling contracts and Manual stock of airline travel documents are accurately processed, reported and billed for in accordance with the company Accounting procedures, IATA rules and regulations and bilateral agreements.
Interline and Tax
- Reconciliation of various General Ledger Accounts for the purpose of explaining entries and balances in the accounts and clearing reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Continuous preparation and passing of Journals and invoices in the ERP System to record various entries that are not captured through the REVERA interface Processing.
- Reconciliation of IATA form 3 billing summary to actual processed transactions and follow up and resolution of any reconciling differences.
- Ensure that all miscellaneous billing transactions are analyzed and supporting documents send to the relevant departments for approval and eventual expensing or rejection.
- Ensure that rejection debit and credit memos and processed in the general ledger account on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that variations in various exchange rates as defined in Revenue Accounting manual are analyzed and journalized / billed on a periodic basis.
- Running the inward billing, rejections and outward billing Interface Files in the Revenue Accounting System ensuring that they are processed on a weekly basis for the purpose of interfacing to the ERP system.
- Maintain appropriate relations with Interline Accountants of other airlines in order to ensure that they provide relief in case of out of time and erroneous billing on a reciprocal basis.
- Analyze and process billing invoices from/ to Non-ICH and non MITA / BITA carriers.
- Prepare cost centre budgets and periodically analyze variance between actual cost centre expenditure and budget explaining any significant variations.
- During audit, to handle both internal and external auditors on matters relating to revenue evaluation accounts.
- Correspondence with other airlines to resolve interline billing and accounting queries.
- Analysis and reconciliation of passenger tax suspense accounts and uplift accounts. The roles have an interlink with the Tax section on all sales and embarkation tax related functions.
- Monitor re-order levels and place orders for new stock to ensure sufficient stock levels at all times. The stock levels should always be re-ordered at 33%
- Receive and store revenue accountable documents to ensure safe custody and control at least 1 day of receipt.
- Process requisitions and dispatch revenue documents to users to ensure availability, within 3 days of the requisition.
- Update and maintain stock records to ensure accurate and reliable records for control purposes, within 3 days from receipt date.
- Ownership of assigned contracts, related to revenue recognition, revenue shares, billing and all other financial aspects to ensure proper accounting and invoicing. (Msafiri Magazine Advertising Simulator & General Cargo and Passenger Training Pro-Rate Share Billing Go-downs, ACHL Revenue, NAS, crew Commission, Royalty(Tourvest)
- Billing of third parties for rental, advertisement, training, duty free sales and other miscellaneous income.
- Prepare journal entries and analysis in the month end close process, including reconciling data points along the revenue stream and revenue accruals.
- Reconcile the revenue sub-ledgers and G/L accounts
- Computation of Override commission to the GSA as per SLA agreements
- Attend ICH disputes with great care to reduce to a minimum level any possibility of over billings
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Honesty & Integrity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- University degree
- Qualified accountant – CPA, ACCA, CA
- IATA certificate in proration and Interline Accounting and control.
- Advanced computing skills
- 5 years working experience in accounting
Define and execute payment strategy for KQ online platforms; Responsible for reporting and detecting payment anomalies, successes rates and trends and clearly communicate on status of actions and issues to improve current success/conversion rates. Provide KQ with accurate and reliable monitoring task in online payments which increases customer satisfaction, improve conversion rates and decline costs resulting from lost sales.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Measure on regular intervals the success rates of the various payment options split over the various countries (POS).
- Compare the success rates of the same payment options over the various payment providers and front-end tools (EBT, MMB, ICI).
- Measure both pro-active as well reactive other payment related transaction results (materialization, inquiries) and report on these to the Business Stakeholders.
- Encourage the use of AMOP to reduce on online payment cost for acceptance and other related costs.
- Perform daily payment monitoring by using the various systems optimally.
- Be the key player/user and linking pin for the Amadeus Payment Manager (APM).
- Play a pro-active role in monitoring at times where errors can be expected like releases and Maintenance and System Upgrades at the side of Payment Providers.
- Pro-actively and adequately report on payment incidents to the relevant parties.
- Assist and advice how the Payment Monitoring can be improved.
- Represent E-payments in the debriefing of Payment Incidents Meetings with external parties.
- Monitor on regular intervals the e-Payment admin tool in order to check correct settings, report on findings.
- Manage ABR-sheets (Amadeus Business Rules) and Office ID’s.
- Initiate authorization reversals at instigation of sales organization in case of double authorization with acquiring bank.
- Perform an active role in the testing of payment options after new release /deployments of the various user interfaces.
- Become the central function for the various departments in respect to testing credit cards for test activities in order to avoid payments devices (card & readers) being scattered over the organization and to minimize fraud resulting from multiple users.
- Keep test logs and have access to test logs of other departments.
- Perform testing once a new FOP has gone live on the various user interfaces. Testing to be performed over the various systems.
- Make sure the back-office process (creating internal refund, voiding tickets and reconciliation) are handled properly.
- Safeguard the integrity of the live payment options by making sure it is known who have performed which actions with the payment devices.
- Gather knowledge to keep abreast of new developments in e- payments.
- Manage all costs related to payments and in liaison with e-sales team Identify efficient alternative payment methods which have list cost and implement in different markets.
- Manage and maintain PCI DSS compliance with the different suppliers.
- Develop and execute MOTO payment plan in line with PCI DSS requirements.
- Define and Maintain multi payment experience across the online platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Proficiency in MS office, Internet.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in the usage of airline passenger systems.
- IT proficiency, Finance.
- 3+ years’ experience in E-payments.
The purpose of the Student Attachment Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at a professional level through on-the-job training during vacations before resuming your studies.
During the internship, students shall be placed in one of the departments or units of the specified Kenya Airways department, and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
Qualifications – External
To be eligible for the Program, you must be:
- A citizen of Kenya
- A student pursuing an undergraduate degree/College diploma in an accredited university/college, who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Available between 1st of October to December
Conditions of Internship
Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
- Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
- Because Internship Program is addressed to students who are pursuing their degree programs or diploma programs, participation in the program will not extend beyond three (3) months.
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply Documentation that will be required should you be selected for internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE/O’level Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
You love blogging and storytelling, smart and innovative email strategies, conversational commerce and other means of digital customer engagement and digital sales? Apply for this exciting role as Digital Commerce & Customer Engagement Manager B2C. You will be re-enforcing our vision of direct & mobile first and engaging customers instead of a transactional approach. This is how we can make a difference in today’s crowded and dynamic marketplace and become part of the daily life of our customers.
We want to create an agile and flexible approach for commercial in terms of how we work, create impact and be cost efficient. We aim to strengthen our market position and become the reference for travel to/from/via Africa and leverage the creative potential and fascination of our African home markets. We make a difference with a human touch, caring more and engaging and retaining customers not only related to a specific flight event but throughout their daily life. This will be driven by authenticity, creativity, enthusiasm and the ability to put ourselves into our customers shoes.
- Develop and deliver innovative content strategies and visuals (working closely with the in house designers) to effectively showcase Kenya Airways propositions in our markets and drive engaging customer experiences for website, Mobile and social.
- Interact with our growing audience across social media and messaging platforms and markets. Find relevant news and content to share with the customer database and enrich and become part of their lifestyle.
- Define the strategy for each digital channel and touch point to distribute campaigns and content effectively and in a relevant way and grow and engage the audience and develop sales through exciting and inspiring content and connecting emotionally. Include benchmarking with competition and a pro-active strategy to differentiate and leverage the best of Africa. Create
new and innovative communication proposals through a digital lens based on historical information, current trends & experiences
to help evolve our digital footprint.
- Develop and manage the social and digital content and digital commerce and promotion activity calendar and schedule posts, pro-actively planning and listening. Align with the b2b customer engagement manager and across departments to ensure best possible coverage across channels and touch points.
- Work with our in-house designers to create visual content with fresh and innovative ideas, re-inforcing a modern, dynamic and innovative brand image
- Build relations with industry influencers and key stakeholders, engaging in conversations with audiences and keep developing their community.
- Define and support customer engagement processes and collaboration approach with other areas of social media conversations, such as support and corporate communications
- Develop a strategy related to tools supporting to create, manage, and optimize superior customer experiences. Provide ability to plan, publish, and measure customer engagement seamlessly across social channels.
- Together with the local teams develop a content localization strategy for digital to drive local engagement in different markets.
- Identifying “up-sell and cross-sell” opportunities through content analysis and deploying responsive content assets and re-targeting programs for higher conversion rates.
- Collaborate with analytics and insight team members to leverage and enhance existing data and analytics, and develop additional research and data sources as necessary, to inform strategy development and ongoing measurement and optimization, based on lifestyle analysis and relevance.
- Measure and communicate results on key performance indicators: Are we achieving targeted results along the key touch points in the designed journeys? Synthesize insights to create actionable recommendations to further drive results.
- Develop a strategy for and manage the companies b2c email campaigns and communicating company brands through email marketing, managing trigger email campaigns throughout the customer journey and beyond to maximize sales.
- A/B Testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective. Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements.
- Benchmark and ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practice across industries. Flexible and creative approach to continuously improve.
- University Degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Copywriting skills
- Fantastic Communication Skills and prove experience in marketing and communication roles
- Strong understanding of social media channels and enthusiastic blogger and customer evangelist
- A real passion for digital marketing and an interest in keeping up to date with new trends in design and video
- Effective storyteller with evangelizing strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, data analysis and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail with the ability. To meet deadlines and produce high quality work
- Possess intellectual curiosity
- Airline and retail experience will be an added advantage
Ensure and maintain a healthy, Safe, Secure and Cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and customer airlines operations, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, and regulatory authorities.
To ensure consistent and quality delivery of customer service by cost effectively monitoring transit passengers and their baggage at the hub to/from Kenya Airways, customer airlines and alliance partners.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in passenger services in compliance with relevant legislative and industry standards.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Provide efficient, high quality customer service delivery in day to day operations for Kenya Airways, Customer Airlines and alliance partners according to the agreed Service Level Agreements and Company Policies in order to delight the customer and improve the overall customer experience at JKIA.
- Monitor connectivity for transit passengers and their baggage to/from Kenya Airways, Customer Airlines and alliance partners at the hub through the respective reservations and Departure Control System (DCS).
- During irregular operations, liaise with Duty Manager Hub Control Center (DM HCC) /customer airlines/alliance partners and propose action to take for connecting/misconnecting passengers based on cost implications and profile of guests.
- Handle situations of passengers connecting below the Minimum Connectivity Time (MCT) by coordinating with receiving carrier for most favorable re-protection of passengers, activating and coordinating with the incoming carrier for Meet and Assist (MAAS) for connecting passengers and discuss with the Duty Manager of incoming carrier with the eventual delay on departure to allow connection of passengers on transit.
- Activate the Arrival Team to meet and assist passengers as per the agreed and communicated plan.
- Update Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS) and TRC about the short connection of transit or new routing of misconnected passengers and bags.
- Activate Transfer desk team to prepare to handle transit passengers after receiving the plan from Connection Control Unit (CCU).
- Graduate or Diploma with 5 years operational experience.
- 5 Years Airline Experience as a check-in agent, transfer services and gate agent.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent knowledge of KQ product.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planner.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Revenue and cost sensitive.
- Foreign language, an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.