We’re a dynamic and rapidly expanding Asset Finance company, aiming to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. Our vision over the coming years is to rapidly expand across Africa & beyond, offering asset financing to motorcycles and three-wheelers, with fully cashless services for loan disbursement and collection, as well as 24-hour access for clients to their account balances.
Due to our rapid expansion plans, we are seeking a senior-level data professional to accelerate our efforts to spearhead trust, adoption, and understanding of analytics and insights. The Head of Data Analytics will work closely with all other departments to bringing forward actionable and inspiring insights to spearhead critical operational and strategic decisions across all aspects of our business.
You will be based at our headquarters in Mombasa, a beautiful port city on the Indian Ocean coast of Kenya.
Who you are & your responsibilities:
- You must love working closely with senior leadership to identify data insights and opportunities that accelerate business transformation.
- Able to understand data in-depth, but then to break it down into insights efficiently that is easy to digest for both internal and external stakeholders to access with ease.
- Manage, train, and inspire Analytics teams to drive business around the customer’s start to finish journey.
- Obsessed with business metrics for all of the company, while keeping a close tab of changes in KPIs that affects overall business performance.
- You’ve recruited and grown a world class team with integrity and respect in rapidly changing international and emerging markets.
- Worked closely with team managers on data analytics applications, strategies, and growth.
- Excellent communicator in English, both written and verbal, but more important is your ability to understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
Deep technical expertise of:
- MS Office products including: Excel - formulas, VBA, Power bi - power query, M language, power pivot, DAX
- Google: Google spreadsheet - formulas, array formulas, import formulas, Google Analytics & Google App builder as a plus.
- Database structure, connection, rules understanding and basic knowledge of SQL (MySQL): Query, subquery, joins.
- Although a Masters in business or any scientific or computational degree is nice to have, we are more interested in your overall experience and cultural fit within our team.