Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night's sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn't easy - they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the network to put quality living within everyone's reach.
Our 200-person strong team has reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products so far, and we’re just getting started. Join us in bringing the dream of a smiley home to millions more.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s Head of Operations & Supply Chain is responsible for scaling our supply chain and distribution to reach millions of customers. We’re looking for a self-driven and analytical leader with the ability to direct and grow our operations team and systems toward this goal. You’ll be excited to solve big problems like building out a local network of contract manufactured furniture suppliers and delivering smiles to thousands of customers each month. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, creating, and improving systems to organize and streamline the work of your team as it expands.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
- Moko’s products are made from “the good stuff”, and it’s always on-hand
- Manage and expand a network of the best suppliers in Kenya and around the world – for factory raw materials and contract manufactured furniture products.
- Define and implement quality standards and controls to ensure we receive the top-quality materials and products every time.
- Level-up our inventory management, making stock-outs a thing of the past.
- Ensure a scalable, diverse supply base which delivers increasing volumes as we continue to grow.
- Make WOW deliveries at the scale every time
- Manage and grow our consumer and B2B distribution operations to efficiently deliver every order on time – from 800 to 7,000 home deliveries per month within the next two years.
- Make home deliveries – a major touchpoint with our customers – a smiley Moko experience.
- Run one of the most efficient delivery operations East Africa has ever seen – operating within cost per unit volume and cost per product targets.
- Keep & secure a happy home for Moko
- Ensure strong systems and SOPs are in place for all inventory movements – every warehouse passes regular stock audits with flying colors.
- Coordinate environment, health and safety initiatives across the company, ensuring high standards are adhered to in order to achieve a safe work environment.
- Ensure strong facility management and security protocols in place throughout our warehouse and factory facilities.
- Lead like a Moko-er
- Serve on our Senior Leadership Team, setting the organization-wide strategy and coordinating with other functional leads.
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, growing their capacity and raising up the next generation of Moko leaders.
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets and rewarding outstanding accomplishment.
- Build an environment which is direct and honest, encourages initiative and puts our customers’ smiles first.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have deep experience in supply chain and distribution, including international procurement.
- You are a strong leader, with experience leading a team of 30+ individuals through a period of growth or change.
- You have a proven track record of motivating and developing your direct reports toward outstanding results.
- You have experience developing and implementing operational systems within an organization, and value the structure and predictability they bring.
- You have a track record of nurturing strong relationships with suppliers and internal ‘customers’.
- You are eager to take responsibility for a key function at a senior leadership level and energized to build an extraordinary Home + Living brand.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit and instill data-driven decision-making within your team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Moko Furniture career website on docs.google.com to apply