Africa Inland Mission International, a non-profit organization, is seeking motivated, servant hearted, devote followers of Jesus Christ interested in meeting the logistical needs of the mission community in East and Central Africa.
The primary purpose for the existence of the organization is to facilitate the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Candidates will soon realize that their positive contributions to the work of the organization will have a significant impact on this purpose.
Department: Mayfield Guest House
Reports To: Mayfield Guest House Manager
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Efficient operations at Reception Area
- A positive and pleasant atmosphere for all who enter Mayfield Guesthouse
- Efficient, accurate handling of bookings, room assignments, conference room and vehicles.
- Accurate billing for Mayfield Guest House and Transitional Housing and Vehicle use.
- Handling of other Front Desk Operations including receiving payments, routing phone calls, handling email and answering guest inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintaining Front Reception Area in an organized, tidy manner.
Administrative Support for Guest House Services
- Assisting in maintaining all Mayfield and Transitional Housing documents including Policies and Procedures, Information Booklets, inventory, and the like.
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping both soft and hard copy.
- Relay pertinent information accurately to the appropriate person.
- Overseeing Craft Room sales, inventory & re-stocking Tuck Shop (i.e crafts- books, wooden carvings, beverages)
NB: Any other Duty assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in Office Administration or similar discipline
- Competent in Microsoft Office Package
- Certificate of good conduct
- Valid Driver’s License
- Diploma in hotel management.
- Accountancy training.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Basic bookkeeping experience.
- Experience working in hotel/guesthouse industry
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in both English /Kiswahili.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
Required Skills/Attributes & Competencies:
- Honest, trustworthy,
- Strong Christian testimony.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player.
- Able to relate well to people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Good organizational skills.
- Problem solver.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Inland Mission (AIM) career website on docs.google.com to apply