- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Financial Manager at Heavy Engineering Ltd
Posted on: 7 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Heavy Engineering
Heavy Engineering Ltd is an engineering company located in Nairobi, Kenya.
The company was founded in 1979 and has worked mainly on energy sector projects in the East African region.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements.
- Managing budgets
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Producing long-term business plans
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Verification of payments to employees
- Preparation of payment schedules to creditors according to agreed payment terms
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Liaise with KRA, labour and other government organizations
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing compliance with all the statutory obligations as well as taxation for the company, in accordance with Kenyan government requirements.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
- Supervising staff
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Experience in using ERP System. Implementation of ERP system in a company will be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Understanding of LC payment terms and conditions
- Experience with debt restructuring is a plus.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. Master’s degree is a plus
- Professional qualification such as CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing firm will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applications accompanied with copies of certificates may be delivered in person or posted to the following address.
Heavy Engineering Ltd,
Opposite SGR Nairobi Terminus, Old Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 41437-00100, Nairobi.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Heavy EngineeringSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Hiview International Company
- Practice Lead MEP at Atkins
- East Africa Petrochemical Sales Executive at Analytical Petroleum Technologies Pty
- Sales Executive at Eco Fuels Kenya Ltd (EFK)
- Stores Supervisor at Romageco (K) Ltd
- Technical & Projects Delivery Manager at Motion Industrials Ltd