Our client in the Hospitality Industry is hiring the following:
To greet guests and allocate rooms according to laid-down procedures.
Represent the establishment in a professional Business Manner.
- To greet the customer and identify his/her specific reservation.
- To register the guest, ensuring that the necessary details are obtained, i.e. name in full, address, whether company or private booking, special rate, allowances, VIP, charge details, nationality, passport number, etc.
- To allocate rooms according to reservations list, ensuring that this is what the guest has booked, both in terms of the room itself and the rate to be paid.
- To issue the key and liaise or alert the porter so that the guest’s luggage is taken to his room and the key issued.
- To update occupancy list, giving copies to relevant staff.
- To ensure that all departments, particularly restaurants, are notified of the tariff entitlements.
- To complete shift handover book with all necessary information to ensure smooth transitions between shifts.
- To answer all incoming calls politely and take messages or direct the call accordingly
- To assist all in-house guests with locating hotel facilities
- To answer any questions that the guests may have
- To deal with all guests complaints quickly, politely and promptly
- To ensure a prompt, courteous response and follow up to all enquiries.
- To ensure that once a booking is confirmed, all details and requirements are noted, using a check list, so that nothing is forgotten.
- To liaise or ensure liaison with the client a few days before the meeting to confirm exact numbers, prepare detailed banquet event orders and circulate information to the appropriate departmental heads.
- To check the meeting rooms and cloakrooms for cleanliness before guests arrive and ensure tables are set.
- To greet the host and circulate during the course of the function to provide appropriate contact information in the event of a problem or complaint.
- To ensure that the accounts department receives accurate information to enable it to correctly bill the client.
- To check for guest items that may be left after the function and ensure that equipment is removed once the function is over and returned to its correct storage place.
- To give feedback on guest letters and comments.
- To assist all guests with use of office machines and equipment as required.
- To ensure that all services utilized are correctly billed in the system
- Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the operational and financial goals of the organization
- Diploma in Front Office Management or other related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a Front Office of a medium to busy Hotel.
- Proficiency of Micros Fidelio, Sun Systems, PMS, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
go to method of application »
- Supervises all housekeeping employees.
- Plans and assigns work assignments,
- Give training for newly recruited employees,
- Audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies.
- Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
- Supervises all housekeeping employees and requisitions new employees as needed.
- Discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast.
- Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced help.
- Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made to ensure consistency.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs.
- Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibility & Authority
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Establishment.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget, Should need arise.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints should it pertain to this department.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Team/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Degree or diploma in H/K management or same level experience
- Min 3-5 years of experience of which at least 2 in similar role.
Method of Application
Kindly send your summarized 3 page CV and motivation letter detailing your experience, qualification and desire for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com, clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17th October, 2019