PwC is truly a Kenyan firm with global links; committed to helping our clients meet the challenges posed by the global economy. In Africa we're the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9000 people in 34 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they're located on the continent.
Textiles Technical Expert - Operations and Production
The Government of Kenya has adopted four priority areas to spur economic growth, create employment and transform the livelihoods of the citizens over a five-year period up to 2022. The four development priorities christened as the Big Four Agenda are Food Security, Manufacturing, Universal Healthcare and Affordable Housing especially for the Urban Poor.
Our Client is a government department that intends to play a key role in the implementation of the Big Four Agenda through direct interventions in the priority areas as well as leveraging its mandate to facilitate and enable state and non-state actors to achieve these priorities. To position themselves for this critical role, Our Client is currently prioritizing and streamlining their activities and programs in the following areas:
- Manufacturing: Commercially produce cotton to contribute towards increased local production for garment and other forms of cotton-based manufacturing and expand capacity in textile and apparels production.
- Food Security and Nutrition: Invest in large-scale farming of such crops as Rice, Maize, Sugarcane, Grapes etc. This will contribute towards eliminating the existing national production deficits for these crops and increase food security and nutrition.
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling: Explore solid waste management and recycling through a partnership with select County Governments in waste management and recycling.
- Renewable Energy: Contribute to harvesting solar energy to supplement the national grid through development of a solar power park through Public Private Partnership arrangements.
To support the above programs, Our Client wishes to recruit a Textiles Technical Expert - Operations and Production
Roles & Responsibilities
Job purpose and responsibilities:
Textiles Operations Expert will ensure effective management of the textiles and apparels production line, warehousing and dispatch departments to deliver best in class products. They will also ensure increased capacity in garment production specifically targeted at meeting the quality and quantity requirements of various clients.
- Develop and execute effective and efficient operations strategy in line with the business objectives of the program.
- Prepare production schedules and work plan to meet the production demands of the client.
- Advice the program on input requirements for raw materials, machinery and equipment necessary for efficient production.
- Plan and manage the operations budget ensuring identification of all required inputs and appropriate output projection and tracking to ensure the production line is operating optimally.
- Schedule and allocate adequate resources for the production of all regular orders to allow efficient execution of business operations.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of operational policies and guidelines, including factory safety procedures and regulation.
- Review and advice the program on equipment procurement and repair needs and requirements to ensure minimal downtime due to equipment malfunction.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Textile Production, Textile Engineering or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in a leadership operations role.
- Professional qualification in accounting or related profession is highly desirable.
- Experience preparing reports and analysis to support management decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated advanced ICT skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.