If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following position:-
Statistical Coordination Director
Terms of Employment: Five (5) Years Contract Renewable once
Basic Salary – Kshs. 212,310 – Kshs. 290,000
House allowance – Kshs. 60,000
Commuter allowance: Kshs. 25,000
Reporting to the Director General, the job holder will be responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating activities in the Statistical Coordination and Methods Directorate.
- Coordinating, monitoring and supervising NSS programmes;
- Undertaking research on specialized statistical areas and new areas of statistics methodology;
- Promoting the use of best practices and methods in the production and dissemination of statistical information across the National Statistical System (NSS);
- Establishing Statistical standards and assess the quality of statistics produced;
- Harmonizing of national and international development indicators;
- Designing, developing, updating and managing sampling frames;
- Designing sample surveys and estimation procedures;
- Maintaining statistical coordination and methods database(s);
- Coordinating the operations of field services;
- Generating development related indicators data; and
- Preparing relevant Chapters in the Annual Economic Surveys and Statistical Abstract.
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of budgets and policies;
- Providing leadership in development of work plans for staff at all levels;
- Ensuring adequate financial resources, human resources and assets necessary for the delivery of services;
- Reporting on the performance of the Directorate;
- Coordinating development of staff in line with both individual and institutional performance objectives;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
- Must have at least ten (10 ) years working experience in Statistics, of which three (3) years should have been at the level of a Senior manager or equivalent position;
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Statistics; Mathematics; Economics or any other equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution;
- Must have a Masters degree in Statistics; Mathematics; Economics or any other equivalent disciplines from a recognized institution.
- Must have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Must be adept with appropriate computer skills;
- Must have outstanding communication and motivation skills;
- Must have working knowledge and experience in financial management with respect to planning and budgeting;
- Must have analytical and human resource management skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and submit the following documents:-
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
- Certificate from CRB
- A current Certificate of Good conduct from CID
- Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Clearance from EACC
Method of Application
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, send your application letter together with a detailed CV indicating the department/programme you are applying to, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 24th July, 2018.
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights,
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor,
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200,