AHT GROUP AG (AHT) is a privately owned independent consulting firm based in Essen, Germany. The company was founded in 1960 under the name „Agrar- und Hydrotechnik“. We provide management and engineering services worldwide. Our main fields of activity are water, agriculture, environment, governance and waste management. Especially irrigated agriculture has over the years become our core expertise. More than five decades of worldwide activities have enabled us to build multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams, benefitting from a mixture of creative young and well-experienced senior experts.
International Team Leader / County Project Advisor (m/f)
It is expected that approximately 20% of the expert’s time budget is needed for management tasks in the role of the Team Leader (TL), the other 80% for tasks related to his role as the County Project Advisor (CPA) for Turkana.
He/she shall rely with respect to overall project management on the support of the services in particular of the National Team Coordinator based in Nairobi, as well as the International County Project Advisor for Marsabit.
The tasks of the expert in his/her role as TL for overall project management are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
The tasks of the international expert in his/her role as CPA for Turkana are comprehensive and include (but are not necessarily restricted to) the following:
Postgraduate university degree in a discipline of rural development, agricultural engineering, irrigation engineering, water resource management or similar
Country / Regional experience:
Kenya, experience in Northern Kenya would be an asset
Expertise / Profile
Several years of practical professional experience in areas such as community development, integrated rural development, small-scale irrigation, water resource management (water harvesting), adaptation to climate change, livestock production enhancement, rangeland improvement, community participation, etc.; practical experience in dry land management would be a strong asset
Experience as team leader/coordinator/project manager preferably in similar long-term project assignments;
Work experience with donor-funded projects; experience with German Financial Cooperation (KfW) would be a strong asset.
Interested and qualified? Go to AHT GROUP AG (AHT) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply