Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Lavington is an upscale residential area in the bustling capital city of Kenya, where most visitors fly into first through the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA). Whether you are in Lavington for safari or business, you can save greatly on accommodation by staying in one of the several cheap hotels in Lavington.
Our client is establishing a second hotel in Nairobi, after having opened the first in 2013 outside Nairobi as a mid-range business hotel for intra-Kenyan travelers they are now bringing the brand into the heart of Nairobi. The brand is a melting pot of cultures, environments, tastes, nationalities and adventures. It has a social, informal, playful core, but does not seek to impose these in a linear manner throughout the hotel. It’s a hotel that surprises, enchants, intrigues and energises in equal measure.
The brand is defined on four key Organisational characteristics that will need to be evident in all who join the company; one MUST be Incisive, Down- to- earth, Sparkling and Adaptable.
The hotel aims to attract an entirely different kind of customer base and compete against both global and regional competitors already established at the top end of the Nairobi hotel market
To be responsible for operations, scheduling and coordinating functions/events and helping to promote and supervise the use of a events space, conferences and meetings
- Responsible for daily management/operations of assigned facility.
- Coordinating the sales team by managing schedules, filing important documents and communicating relevant information.
- Responding to complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested
- Create and prepare BEO’s for events, conferences and meetings booked.
- Send contracts to clients.
- Assist the Sales Executive and Events Manager in showcasing the hotel.
- Supervise all aspects of functions and events planned within assigned facility.
- Oversee arrangements and/or scheduling of bookings, exhibitions, conferences, meetings functions to make maximum use of the facility within established guidelines.
- Prepare and supervise budget and assist in planning fund allocation.
- Insure quality of facility programming through liaison with relevant departments, outside organizations, booking agents and/or touring companies.
- Coordinate public relations for facility through meetings with HOD’s and staff/other outside groups, directing publicity for functions and events, and preparing and disseminating promotional materials.
- Coordinate all maintenance needs of the various facility.
- Determine potential users of facilities and meet with them to explain facilities and services available, costs and capabilities.
- Follow up on functions at the facility to encourage repeat business.
- Provide departments with accurate information concerning their role in forthcoming functions and events.
- Assure proper management of facility during all functions and events.
- Upselling more expensive event or conference packages
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2 years of relevant/ similar experience
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and work cooperatively with staff.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Supervisory ability.