Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
The position will initially be based at our Westlands office but will require travel to our schools from time to time.
Working at Nova means:
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community .
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school.
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
How will your day to day at Nova look like?
- Executing the elements of the recruitment and selection e.g. Phone screening, Scheduling Interviews, Coordinating Performance Tasks etc.
- Coordinating communications with potential interview candidates (Jazz, Telerivet, Email, SMS, Phone) using prescribed communications’ templates.
- Ensure that all interview logistics are organized and that interview tools are printed in readiness for interviews.
- Collect and record all interview data during and after interviews.
- Verify candidate’s background by contacting references and writing clear reference-checking notes.
- Maintain confidentiality by keeping human resources information confidential.
- In addition to these duties other duties may be assigned as required.
- You love people and think, eat, sleep, dream people.
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management or related qualification.
- You have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills - you are able to handle many moving parts while maintaining high standards of excellence.
- You are a great communicator in person and on the phone - you love interacting with people and bring joy to every interaction.
- You are flexible and able to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- You are excited about our organisational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.